Training Others - Our Impact Defined
We asked the people we've trained this year to describe the impact of our workshops. We were thrilled with the responses.
After attending a Life Lab Workshop...
96% of participants experienced a marked improvement in their motivation to engage students in hands-on, experiential education.
82% of participants installed a new or improved an existing school garden.
96% of participants experienced a marked improvement in their effectiveness in implementing garden-based activities.
Life Lab Workshop participants observed the following in their students...
86% noted marked improvement in their enthusiasm for learning.
84% noted marked improvement in their connection to the environment.
78% noted marked improvement in healthy eating choices.
2013 Adult Education Participants
- 116 educators attended Garden Classroom Workshops
- 30 attended a Santa Cruz Area School Food and Garden Tour
- 627 educators were trained in 17 offsite workshops and presentations
- Life Lab directly instructed 80 educators at part of the California School Garden Training Program and 617 more were trained via program partners
- 574 attended our EdWeb Inquiry and Garden Design Webinars and 764 more people viewed them later
- 157 educators attended onsite custom trainings or tour