MasterTips: Contribution to Open Source by industry all-stars
This episode is part of our MasterTips series, which include tips from industry leaders.
It is a panel discussion from the Future Developer Summit, an exclusive event for developer marketing industry leaders.
The discussion focuses on Open Source software and contributions, from the following industry all-stars:
- Chris DiBona, Director of Open Source at Google,
- Nithya Ruff, Executive Director of OSPO at Comcast,
- Stormy Peters, Director of Open Source Office at Microsoft
- And the panel moderator: Sam Ramji, CTO at DataStax
Some of the topics they discussed are:
- How does your company decide when to contribute to Open Source?
- Are there projects from hobbyists that drive major company contributions?
- How can we open up Open Source?
- Should we include non-developers in Open Source for content and use-cases?
- What job title will help you be more successful in OSPO? Do you really need a title?