Lincoln Jacobe, 6 Pillars Marketing, (808) 391-7441 or Lincoln@6pillarsmarketing.com
HALE‘IWA STORE LOTS CELEBRATES GRAND OPENING
HALE‘IWA, HI (April 28, 2015) – A collection of plantation-inspired gathering spaces and local merchants is celebrating its Grand Opening on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at its open-air location, 66-111 Kamehameha Highway in the heart of historic Hale‘iwa Town.
This cultural event is open to the public and is a chance for family and friends, both visitors and locals, to explore Hale‘iwa Store Lots and its ‘ohana of merchants. The event will feature exclusive merchant deals, prize giveaways including a grand prize T&C Surf bodyboard, walking tours, arts and crafts, live entertainment from local musicians and more.
Exclusive merchant deals will be offered during the Grand Opening Celebration.
Matsumoto Shave Ice:
• 10-percent off any Matsumoto Shave Ice branded items and apparel, excluding clearance, shave ice and food items.
Whaler’s General Store and Hale‘iwa Fruit Stand:
• Free reusable bag with a purchase of $50.
• Enjoy in-house sampling and stop by for poke!
Clark Little Gallery:
• Free gift with purchase.
• Clark Little will be hosting an in-store signing! Talk story and meet the photographer in person.
• Free gift with every $25 purchase. Limit one gift per purchase.
• Free Greenroom keychain with every purchase, until supply runs out. Limit one per customer.
• 20-percent off on all merchandise, excluding jewelry.
• Complimentary beverages (21+) and delicious guava cupcakes!
• Kahala branded cooler bag with a $100 purchase.
• 10-percent off for Military or Kama‘aina, with ID.
• A free mystery vintage poster with every second t-shirt purchase.
• A free Splash! Hawai‘i trucker hat with a $100 purchase. Limit one per customer.
• Purchase one T&C Surf men or youth apparel item and receive 50-percent off the second item item of equal or lesser value.
Teddy’s Bigger Burgers:
• 10-percent off before 5 p.m.
The program, emceed by Bruddah Wade, will highlight local musicians and groups, complementing the vision of Hale‘iwa Store Lots to support local businesses. All HSL merchants are either Hawai‘i-based or with origins in the North Shore, including anchor Matsumoto Shave Ice. Various musicians and groups will include Sani Apuakehau and Derrick Lee, Kamehameha Schools’ student choral, Kanani Oliveira Wahiawā Hula Studio II, the Alika Bajo Trio and North Shore-native Kalei Gamiao.
Family-friendly activities will focus on the land and showcase Hale‘iwa as a unique town. Expect walking tours led by the North Shore Chamber of Commerce, an open house of Hale‘iwa Store Lots to introduce family and friends to the ‘ohana of merchants, Hawaiian games (pala‘ie, kukui tops and konane) by E Ala E, lauhala bracelet making, wiliwili lei making and more throughout the event.
In addition, the Hale‘iwa Store Lots merchants will give exciting prizes to lucky guests, including gift cards to Uncle Bo’s Pupu Bar & Grill, Splash! Hawai‘i, Teddy’s Bigger Burgers, Mahina, Matsumoto Shave Ice, and Whaler’s General Store; Kahala Sportswear cooler bags; 100% Kona Coffee from Island Vintage Coffee; Clark Little Gallery prints; framed artwork from Greenroom Hawai‘i; apparel from Guava Shop and much more.
To be entered to win prizes, including the grand prize T&C bodyboard valued at over $150, please do the following:
- Follow @haleiwastorelots on Instagram, @haleiwastorelot on Twitter, or “like” Hale‘iwa Store Lots on Facebook.
- Repost a #HSLgrandopening photo from any of our social media platforms, or take a photo of yourself at the event.
- Include the hashtags #HSLgrandopening and #haleiwastorelots.
- Be present at the event to receive prizes!
Hale‘iwa Store Lots is now open with 16 stores: Matsumoto Shave Ice, Whaler’s General Store, Hale’iwa Fruit Stand, Clark Little Gallery, Global Creations, Greenroom Hawai‘i, Guava Shop, Island Vintage Coffee, Kahala Sportswear, Mahina, Mā‘ilikūkahi Hale Kamehameha Schools North Shore Information Center, Malibu Shirts, Spam Hawai‘i, Splash! Hawai‘i, T&C Surf, and Teddy’s Bigger Burgers. In the coming months, four merchants will open, including Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Advantage Realty North Shore, Fatboy’s, Rajanee Thai Cuisine, and Uncle Bo’s Pupu Bar & Grill.
For more information, please visit haleiwastorelots.com or follow HSL on social media: Facebook at facebook.com/HaleiwaStoreLots, Instagram @haleiwastorelots or Twitter @haleiwastorelot.
About Hale‘iwa Store Lots
Located in the heart of Hale‘iwa town, the plantation-inspired Hale‘iwa Store Lots is an open-air retail center that is inspired by the area’s unique and historic charm. Spanning 27,300 square feet, the store lots offer gathering spaces and courtyards for both local residents and visitors to enjoy. This North Shore destination is home to twenty locally-operated businesses,featuring many with North Shore roots.
Owned by Kamehameha Schools, revenues generated from Hale‘iwa Store Lots fund educational opportunities for more than 47,000 learners and caregivers annually through three campuses on O‘ahu, Maui, and Hawaiʿi island; 30 preschools statewide, literacy instruction and support in more than 200 public school classrooms; financial and educational support for 17 Hawaiian-focused public charter schools; and collaborations with 50 additional organizations throughout the state.