|What's Going On?
- Thanks to winter park users for snow maintenance, spreading sand, and cleaning up poo at both the South Loop DFAs.
- Spring cleanups at Grant Bark Park and Coliseum Park will be scheduled in May. Follow Fetch! for the date & time.
- At Coliseum Park we are planning to make improvements during the spring cleanup. Please contact us to share ideas or to participate.
Greener South Loop
Bark in the Park
The SLDogPAC will hold its annual membership meeting on Thursday April 22nd from 6:30-8:30pm at the community room of the 18th x State Chicago Police Station.
We will discuss the challenges ahead for the SLDogPAC and for the dog community in the South Loop. The agenda will include:
We won't be trying to solve these challenges at the meeting - each is likely to require substantial time, money, and commitment - but we will be trying to identify community support to focus on particular issues, and will begin organizing to try to address those challenges in the coming year.
- What we are trying to do
- Membership/Community Involvement
- What does the Community want
- Improving the Off-leash Parks
- Park surfaces/maintenance
- Dog licensing/access/health issues
- Small dog areas
- Neighborhood issues
- Dog waste bag distribution
- Non-dog owner perceptions/reactions
- New DFAs in the South Loop
This is an important open community meeting, and we urge you to please try to attend (whether or not you are already a member!).
SLDogPAC needs Board Members
The Board of the South Loop Dog PAC needs new blood.
That means you! We particularly need people who have skills or interest in any of the following areas:
If you have ideas you're itching to share and implement, this is a great opportunity. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-264-5630 to discuss your interest.
- DFA users!
- Web/IT Support
- Outreach/Business Community.
And, even if you don't want to be a member of the board, please consider volunteering as leader or member of one of the Committees of the South Loop Dog PAC. Current focus areas include:
Your contribution is incredibly important.
- Membership Drive/Volunteering
- Park Maintenance/Planning
- Outreach Programs/Advocacy