MPAC calls on all people of conscience to speak up for Palestinians who have been treated as silent statistics instead of innocent human lives. Changing U.S. policy requires changing U.S. public opinion on the conflict.
Please take three steps to stand up for human rights and the equal value of Palestinian lives:
1. Empower Yourself with the Facts
- Palestinians have been suffering under Israeli occupation since 1948, and the latest assault is a continuation of Israeli policy toward Palestinians. Gaza is a “large open air prison” because of the blockade of Gaza by the Israelis, according to former U.N. Undersecretary General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator John Holmes.
- In eight days, Operation Protective Edge has killed more than 200 Palestinians, with 80 percent of the casualties being civilians according to the United Nations.
- Understand from experts Rashid Khalidi, Moin Rabbani and Noura Erakat on the conflict why the Egypt-brokered ceasefire failed. Check out this FAQ on the failed effort to arrange a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas released by the Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU).
- Understand the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict in 12 Images, created by Visualizing Palestine, and share these memes on your social media to spread awareness.
- Watch the powerful documentary “Occupation 101”, and organize screenings to educate people unfamiliar with the history of the conflict about the devastating conditions Palestinians have been living under for 47 years.
- Organize teach-ins for your friends, campuses, coworkers and neighbors to educate them on what’s happening in Palestine. Share the stories of actual Palestinians who have been killed, injured or otherwise impacted by the ongoing Israeli occupation and latest round of military aggression.
- MPAC can offer speakers for any forum you would like to organize in your local area.
- Call your members of Congress! To find your local representative, click here. To find your two Senators, click here.
- Tell your members of Congress to push for an immediate end of the Israeli assault on Gaza.
- Since 2011, Israel’s Iron Dome defense system has received $720 million in American funding. Tell your members of Congress that you want U.S. funding for protecting Palestinians. At the end of the day, who is focused on protecting Palestinian civilians?
- In two weeks, Congress will go on recess and your members will be in their district offices. Schedule a meeting and tell the Member that it’s time for Congress to support Palestinian human rights, and end their blind endorsement for Israel’s ongoing occupation.
[CONTACT: Riham Osman, 202-547-7701, firstname.lastname@example.org]