In case you missed it, CSE had a productive fall semester! Here are a few highlights:
- In October, a number of CSE faculty attended Supercomputing 2016 (SC16), which featured multiple lectures and workshops led by GT Computing faculty members. In conjunction with the conference, CSE also released a video discussing Georgia Tech's efforts in high-performance computing. For a full breakdown of the conference, click here.
- During SC16, Professor Srinivas Aluru and Ph.D. students Patrick Flick, Chirag Jain, and Tony Pan earned the first-ever ACM 'Results Replicated' Badge for their awarding paper, A Parallel Connectivity Algorithm for De Bruijn Graphs in Metagenomic Applications. The same paper won the Best Paper award at SC15.
- In November, CSE graduate students, with support from Asst. Professor Le Song, won a Best Paper award during the 2016 RecSys Conference. The paper focused on resolving the limitations of current online recommendation systems.
- Last semester, CSE released its 2016 annual report, The Solutions Within, which highlighted its numerous accolades and research initiatives. The report also showcased CSE's vibrant and versatile students and alumni. To view CSE's 2016 Annual Report, click here.
- Last week, Professor Ümit Çatalyürek's lecture, Modern Computing – Cloud, Distributed, & High Performance, was featured on InsideHPC. You can watch the lecture here.