Wisconsin Representatives Attending CLC in Minnesota
The incoming board of directors as well as several members at large are planning on attending this year’s Chapter Leadership Conference (CLC) in Minneapolis, MN. If you are interested in joining the group, contact the chapter administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about carpooling opportunities.
The benefits of attending CLC go beyond the networking opportunities. Sessions at CLC will help the new chapter boards identify their individual leadership styles and how best to work together to accomplish shared goals. Attendees gain skills and practice around consensus building and what that means as a collective board, as well as the importance of building a brand experience. The skills acquired at this leadership conference can be applied not only to the success of the chapter, but also to individuals’ lives and businesses. Register here.
AZ North ASID Awards - Call for Judges
The Arizona North Chapter of ASID is reaching out to ask if you would consider being a judge for their 2016 Design Excellence Awards. Each judge is assigned one Group of no more than 38 entries. If a judge has a preference for which categories he or she would prefer to judge, that request can be honored and the appropriate Group will be assigned. The online judging portal allows judges to score their assigned Group at their own pace as their schedule allows. The close of judging is May 25th at midnight PDT.
Arizona North’s entries are divided into five Groups:
· GROUP A Residential: 34 entries (Singular Space, Residence Under 3,500 SF, Residence 3,500 to 6,000 SF, Residence Over 6,000 SF, Model Spaces)
· GROUP B Residential: 38 entries (Total Remodel, Special Function Space, Kitchen, Bathroom, Universal Design)
· GROUP C Residential or Commercial: 30 entries (14 entries Commercial: Business Office Under 5,000 SF, Business Office Over 5,000 SF, Senior Living Facility) + (16 entries Residential or Commercial 16: Outdoor Living Spaces, Adaptive Use, Historic Spaces, Emerging Professionals, and Aging in Place)
· GROUP D Commercial: 27 Entries (Retail Space, Public or Educational Facility, Hospitality Facility, Healthcare Facility, Singular Space, Special Function Space)
· GROUP E Product Design/Design Element: 36 Entries (28 Designer entries: Furniture, Fixture, Element, Reuse/Repurposed Design) + (8 Industry Partner entries: Tile, Furniture, Millwork, Fixture non-lighting, and Commissioned)
If you are able to be a judge, please email your contact information, including phone number, to Doreen.Westfall@att.net. A judging portal invitation will be created for you with its link and instructions emailed. If you have questions, please call Doreen Westfall at (480) 450-0374. Arizona North thanks you!