I first want to acknowledge our staff's hard work and dedication to our clients. We have been able to keep your loved ones safe because of their diligence in following the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH). I would like to provide you with a comprehensive review of those guidelines since we must still follow them all to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
Because COVID-19 is so widespread and someone can be infected without symptoms, it is best to assume you have been exposed and you should practice the following infection control procedures:
- Wash hands before and after interactions with clients for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose
- Avoid touching your face
- Remain 6 feet apart, when possible, even when wearing a mask- encourage clients to do the same.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces
- Shower immediately after your shift, including washing your hair. If washing hair on a daily basis is impossible, you must wear a plastic shower cap that completely covers all hair.
- Wash clothes worn to work before wearing again.
We are continuing to monitor all staff and clients for symptoms so we can continue to keep everyone healthy.
Many thanks to you all!