Peace & Happy: Battle of the Belgians, Holiday Events at Jimmy's No. 43
As we head into December, Jimmy’s No. 43 is looking forward to the holidays as we celebrate our 11th year in the East Village with good tidings, an Xpats Xmas Day Lunch, our annual Boxing Day Coat Drive, and our New Year’s Eve Open Bar. We’ll have a full array of craft beer, ciders, wine and spirits along with our seasonal menu and options for private parties. Whether you’re looking for an intimate spot for two or need a larger space, you’ll find all the holiday cheer necessary to ring in the peace, joy and happy this holiday season.
Seasonal events include:
You can read about all our events and keep up to date on everything happening this holiday season at our website (and check event listings to the right).
- Annual Xpats Xmas Lunch on Sunday, December 25th: $25 gets you a plate with unlimited servings (while supplies last) of great fare served up buffet style, including roasts, sides, salads and dessert (tickets here)
- Our annual Boxing Day Coat Drive will benefit Mary House, a women and children’s shelter in the East Village: Donate a coat (new or gently used) and your first drink is on us all afternoon on Monday, December 26th
- We’re also bringing back last year’s popular New Year’s Eve Open Bar: A limited number of diners can join us at 8 p.m. for VIP seated service (tickets here) that includes food and four hours of unlimited select beers, ciders/wines by the glass, house spirits and champagne toast at midnight; join us Saturday, December 31st
- We are still accepting reservations for private parties through December (e-mail email@example.com)
Battle of the Belgians This Saturday
We love the cooler temps when we bring back some of our favorite Belgian and Belgian-style ales for the winter season. If you want to try the best of the style, be sure to grab tickets (only a few remain) for this Saturday's Battle of the Belgians. Taking place on December 3rd from 12-3PM, Battle of the Belgians features 20+ beers, a whole roast hog and three hours of walk-around tastings.
Here is a sneak peek at the beers we’ll have for the event (subject to change/update):
- De Dolle Teve (triple)
- De Dolle Oerbier
- Tilquin Gueze
- Tilquin Quetsche Plum Lambic
- Drie Fonteinen Zwet.be (old-style porter with brett)
- De Proef Flemish Primitive (farmhouse golden ale with wild yeast)
- Het Nest Oak-Aged Kleveretien (quadrupel)
- Jandrain- Jandrenouiile IV Saison (saison)
- De la Senne Monsieur Shelton (blonde with brett)
- Solemn Oath Belgo IPA
- Achel Blond
- De Ranke XX Bitter
- Alvinne TBD
- LIC Beer Project TBD
- Allagash TBD
- The Bruery TBD
- Crooked Stave TBD
- Hansen’s TBD
- Others TBD
We hope to see you for Battle of the Belgians and the weeks to come trying out some of our favorite winter-time brews!
The Perfect Gift for Everyone on Your List: Gift Certificates and Merch from Jimmy's No. 43
Leave the shopping to us! We recently opened an online store featuring Jimmy's No. 43 merchandise (T-shirts, pint glasses, East 7th notecards). Be sure to check out the offerings, which we can ship anywhere in the lower 48. Or buy gift certificates in at a variety of price levels perfect to give even the pickiest person on your holiday list. Great for door staff, support staff and your boss, too! And if you're a local, don't forget to pick up your FREE EVill Card (from the East Village Independent Merchants Association) for discounts at Jimmy's No. 43 and throughout the neighborhood. Support small business and shop our store!
Remember to Review Us on Yelp
While our regular customers know all about our craft beer, artisan spirits, small-batch ciders and handcrafted rotating seasonal dishes, we'd love it if you could help spread the word by taking a moment to post a positive review on Yelp. You can contribute to our page here.
Don't Forget To Join Us On Beer Sessions Radio™!
Every week Jimmy Carbone welcomes beer experts from around the world for lively discussion and great beer. Be sure to check us out every Tuesday on Heritage Radio Network!