Dear Zumberas and Zumberos,
A great week for everyone at Studio Z even though the weather has been crazy!!! Thank you to all that have been coming regularly. It's always nice to see your beautiful faces in class.
We have been putting new songs in class. Friday night Myrtle and I had a Jam Session with Zumba Jammer Dionne Thomas from San Diego. What an inspirational person she is. On Saturday we did 4 of the routines and the students loved them. they were upbeat and fun. We did a Boogaloo, Dembow, Reggaeton, Pop and a Kuduro. Fun routines!! And then today, I went to Benicia and Jammed with Zumba Jammer LaToya Bufford (Dancehalll Queen) and we did a Reggaeton, Soca, Dancehall Pop, and Merengue. All of these were hot too...You will see all of the routines in different classes this week.
Guess who is coming to town? Alena Groopman. One of our most favorite Zumba Jammers!! She will be here on Sunday for a Jam session but will be doing a special class at 4:00 so if you want to dance with her, please come.
San Jose Sharks Performance:
Sign up for the San Jose Sharks event on October 14th. There's no choreography to memorize. You will receive a video to view but just have fun like a class. Deadline will be at the end of the month to sign up. We perform prior to the game and the shirt looks awesome!
If you are thinking about it, please do it now so that you can all sit together. In a few weeks, they are going to release the tickets saved for us and give them to the general public.
October 1st there is a Master Class in San Jose featuring 3 Zumba Jammers: Meli Kirkwood, Jhon Gonzales and Rony Gratereaux (from Miami). These 3 are awesome! You do many of their routines in class.. And DJ Gringo (Beto's newest DJ) is coming too!! If you know the song Hula Hoop? It talks about a DJ in the song...DJ Gringo is the one who dances at that part!! I met DJ Gringo on the Zumba cruise and pre-crusie party. He is awesome and a sweetheart! I will be going so if you need to carpool, let me know!
Fitness/Health Advice: The benefits of Ginger Juice
Ginger contains many vitamins and also manganese & copper, all of which are very essential for proper functioning of the body. What are some of the benefits of Ginger (using the root):
1. Anti-inflammatory - One of the most effective uses of ginger is that it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce joint inflammations. A study shows that people who consume ginger juice have less pain and other inflammatory diseases as it contains antioxidants which help to increase the flow of fresh blood by removing harmful impurities in the body.
2. Prevents Cancer (per research) - Ginger acts excellently for preventing cancer and also killing the cancer causing cells. In a study, it was found that ginger slows down the growth of breast cancer cells
3. Reduces Blood Pressure - Ginger acts as a blood thinner and reduces blood pressure in people instantly. You can have ginger juice with a few drops of honey in order to make it tasty.
4. Reduces pain - Ginger helps prevent all kinds of aches such as tooth ache and it also helps cure migraines that are becoming more common each passing day. My Grandmother would have me cut ginger slices and place them on my temples whenever I complained of a headache. I could feel the sensation of the headache being "pulled away" from me. You have to try it to understand the feeling. Its like the cooling sensation of peppermint on your temples. As ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, it does not allow blood vessels to get inflamed and thus it helps increase the flow of blood to the body and cures the pain.
5. Digestion - It clears the stomach of all impurities thereby helping the people who suffer from motion sickness.
6. Arthritis - Ginger helps cure arthritis as it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce swelling and inflammation in people suffering from thyroid or arthritis
7. Lowers cholesterol - Ginger is a great agent for reducing cholesterol as it as it helps remove the blockages in the flow of blood vessels which could lead to heart attacks.
8. Cure Colds - Ginger is one of the oldest cures for cold, nausea and flu as it has anti-viral and anti fungal properties. It cures cold and provides instant relief and also kills the bacteria that causes cold and ensures that it doesn’t return.
Recipe for Ginger Juice:
- Peel and slice Ginger into small cubes.
- Add some water and place them in a mixer grinder.
- After grinding, take it out and strain the juice in order to get rid of all the lumps and the ginger juice is ready.
- If it’s difficult for you to drink it, then you can add a little sugar and viola the ginger juice is done.
I'm going to start adding this to my regular routine and see what the benefits are. Who else is going to try this with me? It can't hurt and look at the benefits.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Day Time Schedule Activity
MON 6:15-7:15pm Pop Pilates &
MON 7:20-8:20pm Zumba
TUE 6:15-7:15pm Zumba
WED 6:00-7:00pm Zumba
THU 6:15-7:15pm Zumba Gold
FRI NO CLASSES
SAT 9:00-10:15am Zumba
SUN 9:30-10:15am PiYo
4:00-5:30pm Special Class with
ZJ Alena Groopman
Zumba with Cheryl
$5 for your first time
$140 for 20 classes
Click here to purchase a 20-class package using a credit card for $140 (plus a $5 processing fee)