Registration is now OPEN!
2022 Student Success Summit
Framing West Virginia's Future Together
A P-20 Collaborative Event
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, West Virginia Community and Technical College System, and the West Virginia Department of Education are pleased to announce that the 2022 Student Success Summit will be held July 13th and 14th at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center located in Charleston, WV. The Student Success Summit is a collaborative event focusing on creating seamless and supportive lifelong learning systems for our state's students.
The Summit is appropriate for anyone interested in supporting student development and achievement, including educators, counselors, and administrators from the pre-school, elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education systems; workforce development professionals; community development specialists; business and community leaders; military; parents; and students!
There is no cost to attend the Summit; however, travel, lodging, and event parking expenses, are the responsibility of the participant. The event is being held at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center.
To register for the 2022 Student Success Summit, visit: https://2022studentsuccesssummit.eventbrite.com
Rooms are limited; please be timely in making your reservations. Due to the busy time of year and all the wonderful events taking place in Charleston, additional rooms will not be requested as there will not be any additional to be requested. Thank you for your attention to this detail and your understanding.
*The Charleston Marriott Town Center: $109/night + taxes; includes parking. Reservation number: 1-800-288-9290 - USE HOTEL CODE WHEN BOOKING: PCR or use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/21/22
* Courtyard Marriott Charleston Downtown/Civic Center: $139/night + taxes; includes parking; Please use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/18/22
* Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston: $154/night + taxes; includes parking; Reservation number: 304-347-8700 - USE HOTEL CODE WHEN BOOKING: SPD or use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/29/22
* Four Points by Sheraton: $109/night + taxes; includes parking; Reservation number: 1-800-368-7764 - USE HOTEL CODE WHEN BOOKING: WV196 or specify the group name "West Virginia Higher Education Policy Room Block"; Please use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/12/22
* Holiday Inn Express: $122/night + taxes; Please use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/12/22
* Hampton Inn Charleston-Downtown: $129/night + taxes; includes parking; Please use the hyperlink to book at the group rate; Cutoff date: 06/18/22
There are many other hotels in the Charleston area. However, we cannot guarantee their availability or their quoted rates. To view other local lodging options, please visit https://charlestonwv.com/places-to-stay/.
Please note that individuals are personally responsible for parking costs at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center. Parking is $5.00/day. Other options include walking from your hotel or parking at the Charleston Town Center Mall parking garage for $1.75/day. There is NO parking validation.
Continuing education units for school counselors will be offered through the West Virginia Department of Education. Certificates of participation will be available for all attendees who complete an event survey online. The number of CEU hours will be determined closer to the time of the event. All CEU questions may be directed to:
Stephanie Hayes at Stephanie.Hayes@k12.wv.us and Kelly Mordecki at KMordecki@k12.wv.us
Early registration and conference check-in will begin at 3 p.m. on July 12th and continue until 7 p.m.
The conference will begin at 8:30 a.m. on July 13th and continue until 4:30 p.m. Check-in and a light breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m.
Keynote speakers will be announced in the coming days.
On July 14th, the conference will begin at 8:15 a.m. and conclude at 2 p.m. Check-in and a light breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. that morning.
Event Online Program: TBA
Space is available for up to 400 participants. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You must register by July 1, 2022 to attend.
Topics for the Summit include the following:
- Adult Basic Education;
- Attendance, Behavior, and Course Performance;
- Attracting and Serving Adult Learners;
- Behavior and Mental Health;
- Bullying Prevention;
- Career and Technical Education;
- Career Exploration and Preparation;
- College Access and Awareness Initiatives;
- Community Engagement;
- Early Grades Instruction and Transition;
- Early Warning Indicators;
- Effective Mentoring Models (including peer-to-peer models);
- Exemplary Programs;
- Financial Aid Awareness and Instruction;
- Grant Writing;
- Higher Grades Instruction and Transition;
- IEPS for ALL Students;
- Mental Health on Campus;
- Middle Grades Instruction and Transition;
- Military Partnerships;
- Multiple Pathways to Completing Education;
- Overcoming Social/Emotional Barriers;
- Parent and Family Engagement;
- Partnership Building;
- Postsecondary Instruction and Transition;
- Student Engagement;
- Student Voice;
- System-Wide Student Support and/or Inter-System Collaboration;
- Transitions for Students with Disabilities;
- Transitions Bridge Programs;
- Utilizing Data Effectively; and
- Workforce Development.