Conference Office Closed on Friday
The Conference Office will be closed this Friday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
New on the Website
- View photos taken at events on Kaua'i and O'ahu presented by Allan Boesak, the Desmond Tutu Chair of Peace, Global Justice and Reconciliation Studies at Butler University and Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis.
- The Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches held a Service of Recognition for Charlene Taketa at Lanakila Congregational Church, on June 28. Click HERE for photos.
- Kanana Fou held a dedication for their completed Fellowship Hall on June 28. Click HERE for photos.
- View photos from the Western Regional Youth Event being held this week in Seattle, Washington from June 29-July 3. Nineteen youth and ten adults from the Hawai'i Conference are attending.
UCC Disabilities Ministries Seeks Nominations
Nominations are being sought for the Board of Directors of United Church of Christ Disabilities Ministries. For information and to apply, click HERE
. Application deadline is July 31.
Mokuaikaua Church Holds Fundraisers
- Mokuaikaua Church will hold a fundraiser to benefit the historic preservation of the church this Friday, July 4, at Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel (75-5660 Palani Road, Kailua-Kona). Food, fun, and entertainment begin at 4 p.m. The National Trust for Historic Preservation recently named Mokuaikaua Church to its 2014 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places.
- A second event will be held this Saturday, July 5, at Honoka’a People’s Theater (45-3574 Mamane Street, Honokaa), 7 p.m.
Maui Church Holds Bazaar
Po'okela Church (200 Olinda Road, Makawao, Maui) will hold its annual bazaar this Saturday July 5, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stop by for hot food, baked goods, plants, produce, rummage, silent auction, entertainment, and keiki zone with free bouncing castle. Proceeds benefit the church’s ministries.
Central Union Invites Women to Retreat
All women are invited to “Great is Thy Faithfulness,”
Central Union Church’s Women’s Retreat, October 24-27, at Camp Mokule'ia on O'ahu. For more information contact Carolynn Bell-Tuttle by email at email@example.com
Missionary to Japan Visits Hawai'i in September
Global Ministries missionary Martha Mensendiek will visit the Hawai'i Conference September 1-19 to speak about her work at Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan. If you would like her to share a missions moment or speak to a group in your church, contact Diane Weible at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 808-791-5633 (1-800-734-7610 ext. 633 from neighbor islands).
Church of the Crossroads Positions
- Childcare Provider: This permanent, part-time position, with primary responsibilities on Sundays and occasional weekdays and weekends, will pay $10-$14 per hour commensurate with experience. Visit the church website for additional information.
- Bookkeeper: Send resumes or recommendations for this part-time position to email@example.com.
UCC-Judd Street Positions
- Church Office Secretary: Primary duties of this full-time position include managing the office and providing administrative, secretarial and bookkeeping services. Pay will depend on the individual’s qualifications, experience and the work agreed upon. Email resumes to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 808-536-8418.
- Keyboardist: This part-time position is for Sunday worship, midweek rehearsals, and accompaniment for church choirs and ensembles. If interested, email resume to the church office at email@example.com.