Conference Office Will Close for Memorial Day
The Conference Office will be closed next Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day.
Make Health Plan Changes through June 23
From May 23 through June 23, church employees enrolled in a medical or dental plan
through the Hawai'i Conference may make changes to their coverage, transfer from one health plan to another, or join a group plan if they did not join when first eligible.
Tri-Isle Association Grants Standing to Pohnpeian Church
The Tri-Isle Association, at its spring 'Aha Mokupuni on May 14, received UCC Pohnpei Maui as a church in full standing, and also recognized its pastor, Oarson Ramon, as a Recognized Partner Minister. The church’s name was incorrectly identified in last week’s Coconut Wireless
Download 'Aha Handbooks
for the 'Aha Pae'aina can be viewed and downloaded from the Hawai'i Conference website. Delegates and visitors should print out or download files prior to the 'Aha since hard copies will not be printed prior to or available at the 'Aha. Be sure to check back regularly for updates.
Taste of O'ahu Features Local Churches
The O'ahu Association is inviting O'ahu churches to participate in “The Taste of O'ahu,”
the evening meal during the 'Aha Makua on Friday, June 10. For additional information, call 808-791-5633 or email email@example.com
Thursday 'Aha Events Are Open to All
All are invited to participate in any of the following events taking place on Thursday, June 9, during the 'Aha Pae'aina:
- New Beginnings Workshop: John Derby, former executive of the Hawai'i Conference Foundation, will introduce the New Beginnings program, which assists struggling congregations discern God’s direction for their future. The workshop will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Hawai'i Conference Office (1848 Nu'uanu Avenue, Honolulu). To reserve your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UCC Polity Course: This all-day class offers three of the five UCC polity courses offered by the O'ahu Association. The class will be held at Central Union Church (1660 S. Beretania Street, Honolulu) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For information and to register, email email@example.com or call 808-791-5633.
- Lū'au at 'Aha Iki: Persons not attending the 'Aha Iki may purchase tickets for the lū'au taking place from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Central Union Church. Deadline to make a reservation is June 1.
- Hawaiian Churches Raise Voices in Song: The 'Aha Mele, sponsored by the Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches, will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Central Union Church. All churches are invited to participate.
National Youth Event Registration Closes Friday
Registration for the UCC National Youth Event, taking place July 26-30 at Walt Disney World, will close this Friday, May 27, at 5:59 p.m., Hawai'i time. For information and to register, go to www.ucc.org/nye
PAAM Scholarship Recognizes Micronesian Activist
Hawai'i Pacific Islander and Asian American Ministries awards annually the Sisan Suda Memorial Scholarship to a Micronesian student graduating from Farrington High School. This year’s recipient is Andrea Kaspar, whose family comes from Chuuk. Sisan Suda was an advocate for Micronesian rights in Hawai'i. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaua'i Church Opens Thrift Shop on Memorial Day
Kokua Thrift Shop
at Hanapepe UCC will open its doors this Saturday, May 28, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., for a special Memorial Day sale.
O'ahu Association Installs Waiokeola Pastor
The O'ahu Association will install
Jonathan Pak as Pastor of Waiokeola Congregational Church (4705 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu) on Sunday, June 26, at 4 p.m.
- Anne Findlay-Chamberlain is resigning as Senior Pastor of Manoa Valley Church this Sunday, May 29. Anne and husband Rod, will be relocating to Charlotte, North Carolina.
- John Hoover will retire this Sunday, May 29, as Pastor of Hokuloa United Church of Christ after 42 years of ministry in Hawai'i, California and New York. John will continue living in Hawai'i after retirement.
Kaumakapili Church UCC
is seeking a part-time Office Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
to join its ministry team. For more information, email email@example.com