Congregations Can Assist "Dreamers" from Deportation
Faith Action for Community Equity and Hawai'i Appleseed Center for Law and Economic Justice will offer training on assisting undocumented young immigrants ("Dreamers") from being deported under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. Church groups are especially encouraged to attend this training on Thursday, October 8, 3 p.m., at Harris United Methodist Church (20 S. Vineyard Boulevard, Honolulu). Reserve your seat by emailing email@example.com
Hawai'i Island Association Meets Twice in October
Hawai'i Island Association invites churches to two gatherings
- Service of Recognition for Mahina Kaupiko and Melveen Kaupiko, who were called as licensed ministers at Hauoli Kamana'o Church, will be held on Saturday, October 17, 10 a.m., at the church in Miloli'i.
- Fall 'Aha Mokupuni will be held on Saturday, October 24, 9 a.m., at Imiola Church in Waimea.
Jazz Hymnal Breathes New Life into Hymns
Twelve popular hymns are featured in Worship in a New Key
, the first in a series of jazz hymnbooks by two UCC ministers and musicians. For information and to place an order, click HERE
Apply for 2016 CPE Program
Pacific Health Ministry invites applications for the Extended Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Program
to be held January 4–May 27, 2016. Group meetings will take place on Tuesdays, 5-9 p.m. and/or Saturday mornings; clinical hours are flexible. Upon successful completion, one CPE credit will be earned. Deadline to apply is October 12, 2015.
Ka'ahumanu Raises Funds in Friday Concert
Dinner, entertainment and silent auction are featured in Kokua I Ka Hale Pule
, a fundraiser for Ka'ahumanu Church this Friday, October 2, 5-10 p.m., at Velma Santos Community Center (Wailuku Community Center). For tickets, contact 808-264-9385.
Churches Come Together for Joint Concert
As part of its on-going centennial celebration, UCC–Judd Street (467 N. Judd Street, Honolulu) will host a concert with churches of the Chinese Christian Association of Hawai‘i. “An Afternoon of Musical Enjoyment”
will be held on Sunday, October 18, 4 p.m., and will include musical groups from First Chinese Church of Christ in Hawai‘i, Community Church of Honolulu, and UCC–Judd Street.
Interfaith Dinner Focuses on Houseless Crisis
ACTION NOW! Positive Response to Houseless Crisis
is the theme for The Interfaith Alliance Hawai‘i‘s thirteenth annual awards dinner taking place on November 1, 5:30 p.m., at Honpa Hongwanji (1727 Pali Highway, Honolulu). Reservations are required and may be made by providing name, contact information and number of seats to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or 808-599-8628.
- Mary Herbig was ordained by the Kaua'i Association on September 27 at Church of the Pacific. She has been called as Associate Pastor at United Church of Christ-Judd Street. View photos from her ordination.
- Phyllis Meighen will begin as Interim Pastor of Lihue United Church on October 1.
- Jack Belsom, who recently retired from Iao Congregational Church, will start as Interim Pastor of Kailua Christian Church on October 1.