View Photo Galleries of Recent Events
- Hilo Coast United Church of Christ founder, the Rev. Shiro Sokabe, and his wife, Shika, were remembered at a blessing of a new memorial site on Sunday, August 28.
- Central Union Senior Minister David Rivers and Conference Minister Charles Buck were among those gathered at Soldiers Chapel at Schofield Barracks on September 2 for the birthday of Queen Lili'uokalani, who gifted the chapel to the U.S. Army in 1913.
- The O'ahu Association installed Alan Patadlas as Pastor of Honolulu Cosmopolitan UCC on Sunday, September 4.
- The staff and conference ministers of the eight conferences of the UCC’s Western Region gathered at the Hawai'i Conference Office September 6-8 for the first ever Administrative Staff Gathering to share ideas and best practices.
- Eric Anderson was installed by the Hawai'i Island Association as Pastor of Church of the Holy Cross on September 10.
AHEC 'Aha Halawai Registration Deadline Approaches
Registration for the Fall 'Aha Halawai of the Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches, to be held October 14-15 at Lanakila Congregational Church (79-7352 Mamalahoa Highway, Kealakekua) is this Friday, September 15. Click HERE
for the registration packet. To register online, click HERE
Medical Insurers Will Direct Bill Churches
was recently mailed to all churches announcing that Kaiser Medical and Hawaii Dental Services will begin directly billing churches for insurance premiums beginning October 1 (as is the case already with HMSA, or Hawaii Medical Services Association, premiums).
Dates for Fall Meetings of Associations Set
Following are the dates of 'Aha Mokupuni meetings of the island associations:
- Hawai'i Island Association 'Aha Mokupuni, November 19, Imiola Congregational Church, 10 a.m.
- Kaua'i Association 'Aha Mokupuni, November 6, Lihue Christian Church, 2 p.m.
- O'ahu Association 'Aha Mokupuni, October 15, Makiki Christian Church, 8 a.m.
- Tri-Isle Association 'Aha Makua, September 24, Waiola Church, 9 a.m.
O'ahu Hosts UCC Polity Classes
All are invited to take classes on UCC Polity, History and Theology on Monday, September 19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at Samoan Church of Hawai'i, LMS Nanakuli (87-140 Kahau Street, Waianae). Two of the five-class series will be offered: “Ethos of the UCC & HCUCC” and “History of the UCC.” For more information about these classes or the whole series, sponsored by the Church and Ministry Committee of the O'ahu Association, email RevKyleL@gmail.com
Enhance Your Flyer Designs
“Flyer Design for Non-Designers”
is a free, online workshop to be led by Rennie Mau on September 19, 9 a.m.
Fall Fair Benefits Ewa Church Ministries
Ewa Community Church (91-1258 Renton Road, Ewa) will hold its Best Fall Fair
on Saturday, September 24, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds support the ministries and outreach activities of the church.
Hawai'i Island Licenses Imiola Pastor
The Hawai'i Island Association will hold a Service of Recognition
for David Blevins, licensed minister of Imiola Congregational Church (65-1084 Mamalahoa Highway, Waimea), on Saturday, October 8, 4 p.m.
In Memory: Dana Ka'ohelauli'i
Dana Ka'ohelauli'i, 64, died September 10 at Straub Hospital after long illness. Dana was licensed minister of Ohana Ni'hau O Waimea Church on Kaua'i. Service details will be announced later.
ended as Interim Minister of Church of the Crossroads. His last Sunday was September 11.
Preschool Aide at First Chinese
First Chinese Church of Christ in Honolulu is seeking a Preschool Aide. Apply by sending resumes to email@example.com
Choral Conductor at Pearl City
Pearl City Community Church is seeking a part-time (6-8 hours per week average) Senior Choral Conductor to work with the Senior Choir. Candidates must be proficient in rehearsal techniques, choral conducting and worship music leadership. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 808-455-4148.