'Aha Attendees Hear Stories of Transformation and Conduct Business
At the 193rd Aha Pae'aina held this last week on O'ahu, stories of trauma and transformation were shared by the Pu'a Foundation, this year’s keynote presenter. Photos from the 'Aha Iki and 'Aha Makua and handouts from 'Aha Makua workshops are now posted online
. An evaluation was sent by email to participants earlier this week. If you attended and did not receive the survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other 'Aha news:
- Offerings taken during worship services at the 'Aha Makua benefited Our Church’s Wider Mission ($1583) and the Vesper Maile Ito Fund ($1684).
- Delegates elected new officers and members of the Conference Council: Rod Chamberlain, Linn Garcia, Mary Herbig, David Iha, Kimberlee Kalei Tong.
- The Conference Council, meeting at the conclusion of the 'Aha Pae'aina, elected new trustees of the Hawai'i Conference Foundation: Alan Akana, Linn Garcia, and Elwood Kita.
Allan Boesak Speaks at UH-Manoa Tonight
South African theologian and author, Allan Boesak, who was keynote speaker at the 191st Aha Pae‘aina, will speak on “Justice, Reconciliation, and the Politics of Hope in South Africa’s Rainbow Nation”
at a public lecture tonight, 7-8 p.m., at Orvis Auditorium at the University of Hawai'i Manoa campus.
Health Plan Enrollment Ends Saturday
From May 20 through June 20, church employees enrolled in a medical or dental plan through the Hawai‘i Conference may make changes to their coverage, transfer from one health plan to another, or join a group plan if they did not join when first eligible. Click HERE
for more information, or contact Ann Osalvo at 808-791-5627 or at 1-800-734-7610, ext. 627, from neighbor islands.
Fundraiser Benefits Maui Church
“Kokua I Ka Hale Pule,”
a benefit for Ka'ahumanu Church’s restoration fund, will take place Sunday, June 28, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., at Bailey House Museum (2375A Main Street, Wailuku). To purchase tickets, call 808-244-3326.
Churches Hold Annual Summer Lu'au
- Kaumakapili Church (766 N. King Street, Honolulu) holds its 44th Annual Benefit Lu'au on Saturday, July 18. Tickets at $20 each can be purchased by visiting the church's website or calling 808-845-0908.
- Lili’uokalani Protestant Church (66-090 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa) will hold its 39th Annual Benefit Lu'au on Saturday, August 1. Tickets are $17.50 for takeout (11 a.m.-2 p.m.) and $20 for sit-down (1-4 p.m.). To purchase tickets, call 808-637-9364.
- UCC–Judd Street (467 N. Judd Street, Honolulu) will hold its 59th Annual Lu'au on Saturday, August 22. Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased by calling 808-536-8418.
Kaua'i Association Installs Kapa'a Pastor
The Kaua'i Association will install Barry Mick
as Pastor of Kapa’a First Hawaiian Church (4-1325 Kuhio Highway, Kapa’a) on Sunday, July 12, at 3 p.m.
Kaua'i Pastor Moves to California
United Methodist minister Wesley Elmore
, Pastor of Lihu'e United Church, has been appointed to Ridgecrest United Methodist Church in Ridgecrest, California, beginning July 1. His last Sunday at Lihu'e was June 14.