Mass Incarceration Intersects with Women's Health
Find out how mass incarceration affects women's health in a webinar presented by the General Board of Church & Society of the United Methodist Church on Monday, November 16, 10 a.m. (Hawai'i time). To find out more and to register, click HERE
View Kaua'i Photos on the Website
from the Kaua'i Association's 'Aha Mokupuni, held last Sunday, November 1, at Church of Pacific, are posted on the Conference website.
Make Change through Community Organizing
Faith Action for Community Equity will sponsor a community organizer training
this Friday and Saturday, November 6 and 7, at Wesley United Methodist Church (1350 Hunakai Street, Honolulu). The training will be led by national organizers from People Improving Communities through Organizing.
Pa'ia Church Hosts Ho'ike
Pa'ia Hawaiian Protestant Church (246 Hana Highway, Pa'ia, Maui) hosts Ho'ike 2015
on Saturday, November 7, at 10 a.m. Each church is asked to prepare two songs and a scripture to share on the theme, “Be Glorified.” If you are attending, call Maile at 808-298-0115.
Pearl City Youth Produce Christmas CD
All are invited to a CD Release Party
at Pearl City Community Church (933 Lehua Avenue, Pearl City) on Saturday, November 7, 5:30 p.m. “Christmas in Hawai'i with Junko Cheng” features Na Pua O Ka Maluhia, the youth of the church. For more information, email email@example.com
or call 808-455-4148.
O'ahu Association Offers Polity Course
The O'ahu Association offers a series of courses on UCC polity and history for those seeking UCC ministerial standing. Part 5 of the 5-part series, “Ethos of the UCC and the Hawai'i Conference UCC,” will be held on Saturday, November 21, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., at First Chinese Church of Christ in rooms 207-208 (1054 S. King Street, Honolulu). To register your attendance, email Kekapa808@gmail.com
or call 808-294-7569.
Ministers in Transition
- Gloria Imamura resigned as Associate Minister of Central Union Church after five years of ministry there. Her last Sunday was November 1.
- Wallace Ryan Kuroiwa will begin as Interim Pastor of Iao United Church of Christ on November 15.
- Kailua Christian Church is looking for a part-time (ten hours per week) Music Leader to play the piano and sing. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manoa Valley Church is seeking a Music Minister to work ten hours a week. Send cover letter, resume and references by email to email@example.com or fax 808-988-1310 by November 15.
- Kaumakapili Church is looking for a part-time Choir Director to to lead the choir during Sunday morning worship services and Tuesday evening choir rehearsals. Pay will depend on qualifications and experience. Position is available January 2016. For information and to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.