View Photos of Recent Events
- Church of the Holy Cross celebrated its 125th Anniversary with a luncheon at Nani Mau Gardens in Hilo on October 8.
- The Hawai'i Island Association held a Service of Recognition for David Blevins at Imiola Congregational Church on October 8.
- Over fifty youth and adult leaders spent a memorable time at Camp Mokule'ia on O'ahu's North Shore from October 9 to 12. View photos and videos taken at camp.
- The 'Aha Halawai of the Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches met at Lanakila Congregational Church on October 14 and 15.
- The O'ahu Association, meeting October 15 at Makiki Christian Church for its 'Aha Mokupuni, viewed and discussed "When God Left the Building." (Copies of the video can be purchased from logosbookstorehawaii.com.)
- Wailuku Union Church celebrated its 150th Anniversary on October 16. A Maui News article shares some of the church’s rich history.
Read New Issues of Parish Paper
New issues of the Parish Paper
have been posted on the website. Feel free to copy and share these with your congregation as part of the Hawai'i Conference subscription.
Download Latest Issue of The Friend
The October 2016
edition of The Friend
, the newsletter of the Hawai'i Conference United Church of Christ, is now available online.
Participate in the Conference Assessment
Learn more about the assessment
of the Conference’s mission and ministry taking place over the next few months, and find a focus group to attend near you.
Two Associations Meet in November
- Kaua'i Association churches and ministers will gather for the Fall 'Aha Mokupuni at Lihue Christian Church on Sunday, November 6, starting at 3 p.m. Deadline to register is today.
- The Fall 'Aha Mokupuni of the Hawai'i Island Association, to be held on Saturday, November 19, beginning at 10 a.m., will include a focus group discussion of the Hawai'i Conference mission with consultant Al Oliver.
Use Advent Resources to Prepare
Links to resources for Advent and Christmas are available on the Hawai'i Conference website
. If your church would like to post Advent or Christmas events or worship service resources, send submissions to email@example.com
Apply Online for UCC Scholarships and Grants
The United Church of Christ offers a variety of program grants and individual scholarships. To learn more and to apply, click HERE
Produce a Video and Win a College Scholarship
Youth in grades 9 to 12 are invited to participate in a video-making contest
to highlight the UCC’s response to the Syrian refugee crisis. Submit entries by November 11 for the chance to win one of three college scholarships.
Imagine the Church Ten Years from Now
The United Church of Christ seeks responses to the question, “What will a transformative church look like in ten years?” in a survey
that will be used to shape a collective vision for the denomination’s future.
Forum Stresses Pedestrian Safety
Dana Teramoto, Traffic Education Specialist with the Department of Transportation Services, will talk about pedestrian safety
at Pearl City Community Church (933 Lehua Avenue, Pearl City) this Saturday, October 22, 9-10:30 a.m.
Waiola Church Hosts Halloween Event
Waiola Church (535 Wainee Street, Lahaina) will host “Trunk or Treat
” this Saturday, October 22, 6-8 p.m. There will be trick or treating, music, snacks, games and prizes. Call 808-661-4349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Church Inaugurates New Piano with Recital
Central Union Church (1660 South Beretania Street, Honolulu) and the Ernest Chang Piano Studio will hold an “Inaugural Piano Recital
” for the church’s new C. Bechstein concert grand piano this Sunday, October 23, 4 p.m., in the sanctuary.
Fundraiser Supports Survivors of Domestic Violence
UCC Transition House will hold its annual fundraiser dinner
on Thursday, November 10, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Central Union Church (1660 South Beretania Street, Honolulu). All are invited to support this ministry for women and children survivors of domestic violence. Deadline to purchase tickets is October 24.
Lu'au Fundraiser Benefits Young Campers
A lu'au fundraiser
at Camp Mokule'ia (68-729 Farrington Highway, Waialua, O'ahu) will honor camp director David Turner’s sixtieth birthday and raise scholarship money for Hawai'i youth to attend camp. The fundraiser will be held on Saturday, November 26, 4-8 p.m. For more information or to buy tickets at $75 per person, go to www.campmokuleia.com
is seeking a choir director. Call 808-677-3317 for information.