Faith Communities Address Homelessness
Learn more about the role of faith communities in addressing the issues of homelessness and about the impact of the Honolulu "sit/lie" law in a recording
of last week's webinar sponsored by the Justice and Witness Missional Team.
Newsletter Publicizes Justice and Witness Events
The monthly newsletter of the Hawai'i Conference Justice and Witness Missional Team publicizes local church or community events focusing on justice issues. If you have an item to include, submit information for the next issue by March 31 to email@example.com
HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SERVICES AND EVENTS
Services and events listed previously in the Coconut Wireless
, along with resources for Holy Week and Easter, can be found on the Hawai'i Conference website
Maundy Thursday Services, April 2
- First Chinese Church of Christ in Hawai'i (1054 S. King Street, Honolulu), soup supper and Holy Communion in the Multi-Purpose Room at 6 p.m.
- Kailua Christian Church (317 Manono St, Kailua), simple supper at 6:15 p.m. followed by service at 7 p.m.
- Nu'uanu Congregational Church (2651 Pali Highway, Honolulu), light meal of Portuguese bean soup at 5:15 p.m. with service immediately following.
Good Friday Services, April 3
- First Chinese Church of Christ in Hawai'i (1054 S. King Street, Honolulu), “Walk the Cross in our Neighborhood” beginning at 10:30 a.m., followed by worship at 12 noon.
- Nu'uanu Congregational Church (2651 Pali Highway, Honolulu), Tenebrae Services at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Easter Sunrise Service at Punchbowl, April 5
Hawai'i Conference UCC, with the Hawai'i Council of Churches, will sponsor the 114th Easter Sunrise Service at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl beginning at 6:15 a.m. Preaching this year is David Rivers, Senior Minister of Central Union Church.
Local Church Sunrise Services, April 5
- First Chinese Church of Christ in Hawai'i Family Easter Sunrise Service at Ala Moana Beach Park (Kewalo Basin), 6:30 a.m.
- Kailua Christian Church Sunrise Hike at Makapu'u Lighthouse, 5:30 a.m.
- Nu'uanu Congregational Church and Hawai'i Kai United Church of Christ joint sunrise service at Halona Blowhole Lookout, 6 a.m.
- Kawaiaha'o Church (957 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu), Community SONrise Easter Service, front lawn of the church, 6 a.m.
Fundraiser Supports Women Transitioning from Prison
The Second Annual "Women Supporting Women,"
sponsored by Pu'a Foundation and other community organizations, will raise funds to assist women transitioning out of prison. The event will be held this Friday, March 27, 5:30-9 p.m., at Kapiolani Community College’s Ohia Dining Room.
Crossroads Member Featured in Music Fundraiser
Don Conover, member and retired music director of Church of the Crossroads, will be honored by the Honolulu Chorale at “Jubilate,”
a celebration of music and music-making, on Sunday, April 19, 5 p.m., at Honolulu Country Club. Visit www.honoluluchorale.org
for tickets and more information.