Churches Gather for 'Aha Pae'aina Next Week
The 193rd 'Aha Pae'aina will take place next week with the 'Aha Iki on June 10-11 at Kawaiaha'o Church and the 'Aha Makua on June 12-13 at the Pagoda Hotel. Please note the following information related to the 'Aha Pae'aina:
- Coconut Wireless: There will not be an issue of the Coconut Wireless (e-mail newsletter) next Wednesday, June 10. You can expect it to return to your inbox on June 17.
- Conference Office Schedule: The Conference Office will be open next week, from Monday through Thursday (Kamehameha Day), June 8-11, during regular office hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). The office will be closed on Friday, June 12, and Monday, June 15.
- Handbooks: 'Aha Makua and 'Aha Iki handbooks are posted on the Conference website. Be sure to download them to tablets or laptops, or print them out, prior to the meetings.
- Choir: Those interested in singing in a choir for the Saturday morning worship service at the 'Aha are invited to attend a rehearsal on Friday during the workshop session at 3:45 p.m.
- Sunrise Worship: The 6:30 a.m. sunrise worship services sponsored by Christian Endeavor at Kawaiaha'o Church on June 12 and 13 have been cancelled.
Get Prepared for Hurricane Season
June 1 marked the start of the Central Pacific hurricane season, which continues through November 30. For information on how you can be prepared:
Read New Issues of Parish Paper
New issues of the Parish Paper
have been posted on the website. Feel free to copy and share these with your congregation as part of the Hawai'i Conference subscription.
Open Enrollment for Health Plans Ends June 20
Through June 20, church employees enrolled in a medical or dental plan through the Hawai'i Conference may make changes to their coverage, transfer from one health plan to another, or join a group plan if they did not join when first eligible. Click HERE
for more information, or contact Ann Osalvo at 808-791-5627 or at 1-800-734-7610, ext. 627, from neighbor islands.
Moloka'i Church Receives Grant
Waialua Congregational Church
received a Neighbors in Need (NIN) grant of $1,250 from UCC Justice and Witness Ministries for its Monthly Family Movie Night. To learn more about NIN grants, click HERE
Men’s Chorus Performs
The Gay Men’s Chorus of Honolulu performs this Saturday, June 6, 6:40 p.m., at Hawai‘i Theatre (1130 Bethel Street, Honolulu). The chorus includes UCC members James Ramos (Central Union), Howard Gill (Church of the Crossroads), and Donald Schmidt (Community Church of Honolulu), and Angie Delight (Church of the Crossroads) is the accompanist. For information and to purchase tickets, click HERE
begain as Interim Associate Conference Minister of the Hawai'i Conference on June 1. His email is email@example.com
, and his phone number is 808-791-5633.
First Chinese Church of Christ Preschool is looking for a full-time teacher. The ideal candidate will have an Associate of Arts in early childhood education or bachelors in a related field, hold Christian background and beliefs, and be PATCH certified. Email resumes to John Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the church office at 593-9046.