Fall Youth Camp Registration Opens
Fall Youth Camp
of the Hawai'i Conference will be held from Sunday, October 4, to Wednesday, October 7, at Camp Erdman on the North Shore of O'ahu. Registration forms will be mailed to churches, and can also be downloaded
and printed out. There are a limited number of spaces available, so register early.
Parish Paper Looks at New Churches and Young Adults
New issues of the Parish Paper
have been posted on the website. Feel free to copy and share these with your congregation as part of the Hawai'i Conference subscription.
September 2015: "Can Congregations Reach Young Adults?"
October 2015: "New Models for New Churches: What Works?"
Prevent Falls and Accidents at Your Church
Learn how to make your church safer and reduce the risk of falls and other accidents in the Insurance Board (IB) webinar, “Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls,” to be presented on Wednesday, September 9, at 8 a.m. (Hawai'i time). Go to the IB website to register
and to see a list of upcoming webinar topics
Financial Advising Available to Pension Boards Members
Financial planning services are now available through Ernst & Young Financial Planning Services to actively-contributing members of the Pension Boards Annuity Plan. For more information, click HERE
“Like” Us on Facebook
Hawai'i Conference UCC is moving over to a new Facebook page! Check out www.facebook.com/ucchawaii
and be sure to “Like” us so that you don’t miss out on all that is happening in our churches and the wider UCC.
Associations Gather for Fall Meetings
Mark your calendars for these upcoming Association meetings:
- 'Aha O Na Mokupuni O Maui, Moloka'i A Me Lana'i (Tri-Isle Association) 'Aha Makua, September 5, 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m., at Kamehameha Schools-Maui
- Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches 'Aha Halawai, October 2-3, at Haili Congregational Church (Hilo). Click HERE to register.
- O'ahu Association 'Aha Mokupuni, October 10, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., at Pearl City Community Church
- Hawai'i Island Association 'Aha Mokupuni, October 24, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at Imiola Congregational Church
- Kaua'i Association 'Aha Mokupuni, November 1, at Church of the Pacific (time TBA)
Mission Houses Presents The Tempest
Hawaiian Mission Houses presents Shakespeare’s The Tempest
on August 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22. Purchase tickets online at www.missionhouses.org
or call 447-3926.
PSR President Visits Hawai'i
David Vasquez-Levy, President of Pacific School of Religion (PSR), will be at two public events during his visit to Hawai'i this month:
- Alumni and friends of PSR are invited to a meet and greet potluck on Thursday, August 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Church of the Crossroads (1212 University Avenue). RSVP by August 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All are invited to a public forum, "A World on the Move," on Friday, August 21, 5-6:30 p.m., at Harris United Methodist Church (20 S. Vineyard Boulevard, Honolulu).
UCC–Judd Street Holds Annual Luau
UCC–Judd Street (467 N. Judd Street, Honolulu) holds its 59th Annual Luau
on Saturday, August 22. Proceeds from this pick-up only luau will benefit Lanakila Elementary School’s Parent Teacher Student Association and O'ahu Association youth attending the 2016 UCC National Youth Event. Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased by calling 808-536-8418.
Maui Pastor in the News
Jack Belsom, who recently retired as Pastor of Iao United Church of Christ, was featured in The Maui News