Profiles in Diversity Journal® Announces its 12th Annual Diversity Leader Award Winners
Leading the Way to Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion
CLEVELAND, OH (February 27, 2020) – Profiles in Diversity Journal®
is pleased to announce the names of the organizations and individuals selected to receive the magazine’s 12th Annual Diversity Leader Award
, which recognizes those who are working every day to expand and improve diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace and beyond.
The organizations and individual leaders, whose efforts are recognized in the Journal
’s upcoming issue (winter 2019–2020), view both their enterprise and mission through the lens of diversity. They demonstrate a strong commitment to upholding and championing diversity values in the workplace, and have developed comprehensive strategies that imbue all levels, departments, and divisions with these values. The Award recipients work to understand the needs of their employees, reach out to diverse vendors, and serve the communities where they work and live, while meeting the demands of today’s business environment.
This publication is proud to recognize such dedicated diversity leaders. Listed below, in alphabetical order by organization, are Profiles in Diversity Journal
’s 2020 Diversity Leader Award recipients:
- Council of Chief State School Officers; Annie Holmes, Chief Equity Officer; Washington, DC
- Dechert LLP; Abbi Cohen, Deputy Chair of Diversity & Inclusion; Philadelphia, PA & New York, NY
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; Sady Fischer, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Rochester, NY
- First Horizon National Corporation; Lynne Walker, Executive Vice President & Director of Affinity Strategy; Memphis, TN
- Fish & Richardson; Betty Chen, Principal; national
- HP Inc.; Bill Avey, Vice President of Business Development; Palo Alto, CA
- Hughes, Hubbard & Reed LLP; Meaghan Gragg, Partner, Co-Chair, Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, Co-Chair, Personnel Committee; New York, NY
- LinkedIn; Rosanna Durruthy, Vice President and Head of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging; Sunnydale, CA
- Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp LLP; Melanie Figueroa/Emma Luevano/Gregory Olaniran, Co-Chairs, Diversity & Inclusion Committee; Los Angeles, CA
- New York Life; Wendy Wong, Managing Director; New York, NY
- Sandia National Laboratories; Mark Sellers, Associate Laboratory Director–Mission Assurance; Albuquerque, NM
- Sunrun, Inc.; George-Axelle Broussillon Matschinga, Director of Diversity & Inclusion; San Francisco, CA
- Tata Consultancy Services; Balaji Ganapathy, Global Head, Chief Social Responsibility Officer, Diversity and Inclusion Executive Leader; New York, NY
- Ulmer & Berne LLP; Timothy J. Downing, Chief Diversity Officer; Cleveland, OH
- Walmart, Inc.; Greg Smith, Executive Vice President–Walmart Supply Chain; Bentonville, AR
- WellStar Health System; Dr. Andrew Lee, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer; Marietta, GA
About Profiles in Diversity Journal
Now in its 22nd year of publication, Profiles in Diversity Journal is a quarterly B2B magazine, focusing on diversity and inclusion in business, government, nonprofit, higher education, and military settings. The Journal presents interviews, profiles, articles, and awards that highlight mission-driven leadership, best practices, workforce strategies, innovative ideas, and important individual contributions within the realm of diversity and inclusion.
Since 1999, Profiles in Diversity Journal has recognized the individuals and teams within organizations who create, develop, and promote strategies and initiatives that support diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace and the larger community.
James R. Rector, Publisher
Profiles in Diversity Journal