NEWS FROM GIRTON
- Congratulations to those Girtonians who received recognition in the New Years Honours List 2013.
- Three OGs feature on BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour Power List 2013.
- Dr Suzannah Lishman (1986) has been awarded the 2012 Royal Society Kohn Award for her excellence in engaging with society in matters of science and its societal dimension.
- Several Girton Fellows have been recognised for their work recently:
Professor Dame Marilyn Strathern (Social Anthropology)
Dr Roland Randall (Geography)
Dr Katherine Hughes (Veterinary Science)
Dr Mary Wrenn (Economics)
- Girton has entered its third year of invovlement with the HE+ programme, which encourages talented state school pupils to apply to the UK’s top universities.
Blue Stockings, a new play at The Globe, London based on Girton in the 1890s, starts from August 24. Members of the production team and cast visited the Archive during their research.
The Friends of Girton College: Our Friends and Patrons play a vital role in the life of the College as they support several important veins of the College's life. Current Freinds and Patrons should shortly be receiving a letter asking them to renew their subscription, for those wishing to join a group please visit our website.
The University Blues Honours Book: We are compiling a special Honours Book for all Girtonians who were awarded Blues or Half Blues which will be displayed in the new Sports Pavilion. If you received either award please visit the website for more details about the book.
The London Girton Association is now on Facebook!
New York Girton Association is starting up, with thanks to some enthusiastic volunteers - if you would like to know more please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org