E-GR, tried and tested, turkey leftovers Christmas recipe
TURKEY AND STUFFING VOL-AU-VENTS
Perfect for a Christmas night snack or for the Boxing Day
Ready-made frozen Vol-au-vent Puff Pastry cases
Basic white sauce
25g plain flour
Ground black pepper
Left over shredded Turkey or Chicken
Left over stuffing
1. Follow the instructions on the packet for the Vol-au-vent cases. (Pre-cook Christmas Eve, leave to cool and store in an air tight container)
2. For the white sauce, put all the ingredients in a cold pan, and whisk constantly over a medium heat until thickened.
3. Once the white sauce has cooled down add the leftover shredded turkey and stuffing and mix it together. Not too much stuffing or it will be too overpowering!
4. Once the Vol-au-vents cases are cooked and cooled down, push down the middle part of the case carefully to leave a hole for the filling.
5. Use a teaspoon to scoop a good spoonful of the mixture into each case, so they are filled up with a generous amount.
6. Once all the cases are filled they are ready to be eaten; or even better, warm them through in the oven and serve hot.