Wahroonga Adventist School (WAS) is currently looking for volunteers to assist with providing disability support provisions for students during the upcoming HSC examinations, 10 October to 4 November 2022.
Disability provisions are one way that NESA ensures there are reasonable adjustments available to students with disability so that they can access and participate in the HSC on the same basis as students without disability.
We need suitable people to provide the provision of reader or reader/writer.
- Readers support students whose disability prevents them from independently reading and/or comprehending written questions.
- Writers support students whose disability prevents them from independently communicating their responses in a handwritten format. This includes, spelling difficulty, and illegible or extremely slow handwriting.
What qualities should a reader/writer have?
- Ability to communicate clearly in English with a sufficient literacy level
- Understanding of the subject(s) being examined – previous papers can be provided for perusal
- Clear, legible handwriting (if writing for the student)
- Willingness to spend time practicing with the student
- Patience and sensitivity
- Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality and an ability to do so
If you would like to find out more information about disability provisions can be found here.
If you are interested in helping the school by volunteering your time and skills, please email Wahroonga Adventist School at your earliest convenience Office@wahroonga.adventist.edu.au to register your interest.