Loss, Legacy & Celebration!
Help RfA mark our first ten years of ministry.
1. Attend or Underwrite Our 10th Anniversary Dinner
On June 22nd, we're returning to Schenectady, NY, were RfA's seeds were sown at the 2005 General Synod trial of Rev. Dr. Norman Kansfield. Norm and his daughter, Ann, will be the guest speakers at a banquet at Key Hall at Proctors. All the information you need to attend, sponsor a table in person or from afar, or underwrite the event is here. Even if you can't be with us, your support of this anniversary launch will start our 10th year off on a joyful note!
2. Attend our 2015 National Conference Oct. 22 - 24/25
The workshops are set, speakers, leaders and preacher confirmed, and some exciting new pieces added. All we need is you! Online registration will be up next month, but are some highlights of our plans:
- Thursday evening banquet at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. After-dinner speaker Rev. Dr. Rebecca Voelkel will deliver "A Love Letter from the LGBTQ Movement to Room for All."
- Based on selected psalms, conference preacher Rev. Dr. Renee House will reflect on the theme, "From Sorrow to Celebration."
- "Radiant and Unashamed" - Keynote speech by author and journalist Jeff Chu.
- An optional added day will include a play, "Listening for Grace," at the historic Wealthy Theatre, and Sunday worship at our host church.
- Workshops! Your Own Best Friend: LGBTQ Self-Care; Supporting Your Rainbow Youth; Embracing Inclusion: Guiding Congregations on the Room for All Journey; Disputable Matters? Carnivores, Vegetarians and LGBTQ Inclusion; Let Me Help You Help Me: A Conversation on Being an Ally; Connecting the Dots: Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation; How Intersectionality Can Save our Souls and Build our Movement
3. Share Your Videos, Stories or Photos.
Do you have a memory, a reflection, an inspiration to share about a way that RfA has intersected with your life or that of someone you love? A story about being a "Room for All Church?"A challenge for the future? Here's how (and why) you can share them with us.
Your gift will make it possible for us to reach LGBTQ people and their allies in the Reformed Church in America through these special events and all the other programs that RfA offers.
You may donate via our website, or send a designated check payable to Room for All to the address below. Questions? Contact us at 201-364-4538 or 201-803-9738. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org