Mon., 5/11 @ 6:30 PM- NYU Meyer Building, 4 Washington Pl., Room 121
LAND USE Anita Brandt, Chair
- Renewal: Kings 55 Group Inc., d/b/a Le Philosophe, 55 Bond St., with 7 tables 14 chairs (1470765-DCA)
Wed., 5/13 @ 6:30 PM- 505 LaGuardia Pl., Community Room
- Deputy Commissioner Woody Pascal of the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) will present to our Board and answer questions regarding rent regulations and administration.
- *38-50 Cooper Square (west side of Cooper Sq. just south of East 7th St.), Grace Church School seeks to 1) extend time to complete construction on a 2010 special permit BSA #14-10-BZ, and 2) application for a variance to permit an increase in the extent of the existing noncompliance with rear yard requirements #15-BSA-185M.
SLA LICENSING 2 Carter Booth, Chair
Thurs., 5/14 @ 6:30 PM â€“ Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, 2nd Floor
FULL BOARD Tobi Bergman, Chair
- Wine & Beer: Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen Center, Inc., d/b/a Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker St. 10012. Returning to the calendar because the recommended stipulations were not signed by the applicant.
- New License: CGM LLNR, LLC, d/b/a Asia de Cuba 415 Lafayette Street. This applicant is replacing the previous Butter at this location. Visit the link above to review their other locations.
Thurs., 5/21 @ 6:30 PM- Scholastic Building, 557 Broadway, Auditorium
THE PUBLIC SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 PM. SPEAKERS CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 6:30 TO 7:00 PM
45 Bond St.
Well, in usual headline grabbing fashion, Eater and the Gothamist got it wrong. The new home of restaurant gurus Ken Friedman and April Bloomfield will be 45 Bond St. The Community Board wrote a resolution that denied it UNLESS a pithy but agreed to set of stipulations were attached to the license. You can see them here.
Retail Liquor Store at Bleecker and Broadway
The NYS Liquor Authority has an application for NoHo Wine & Spirits Inc. [#L1284780] at 639 1/2 Broadway (a.k.a. 88 Bleecker St.). Retail liquor stores are NOT reviewed by the Community Board, so If you have an opinion regarding the licensing of this premise, sign the petition and add your testimony, here. We will present them at the SLA hearing, soon to be scheduled.
Engine 33, Ladder 9
Station Open House Saturday, May 2nd as part of the FDNY 150th Anniversary. Stop in, bring your children, say Thank you!
Five Borough Bike Tour May 3rd - Doesn't hit NoHo, but if you're planning to go anywhere else, better check the map. Here's the route
At The Merchant's House
Starting Thursday, May 7
Thursday Evening Hours â€“ House & Garden OPEN Noon to 8 p.m.
Museum and Garden will be open to the public for tours on Thursday evenings until 8 p.m
. A guided tour, included ith Museum admission, will be offered at 6:30 p.m. $10, $5 seniors & students. Free for Members & Children under 12.
On Mother's Day, May Sunday, May 10, 12:30 p.m. a special Merchants House Mother's Day Walking Tour: 19th Century Landmark Treasures of Noho on this one-hour promenade of the Noho Historic District.
We're tweeting all things NoHo or interesting to #NoHoManhattan dwellers and visitors, regularly @NoHoManhattan. You will also find our tweets and retweets of other interesting NoHo-centric news and announcements, daily, on the pages of the NoHo News.
Catch news as it happens at The NoHo News