Hello <<First Name>>,
By now most of you have had a chance to see the new Stampin’ Up! DBWS. If you haven’t see the change on your site yet, don’t worry, Stampin’ Up! said it could take 24 hours for all markets to see the changes.
First off, Debbie and I have to say we are excited by the changes, even though in the short-term, it’s a big old pain for us. The new DBWS looks beautiful and the functionality seems to be a big improvement.
The good news is that a lot of the links and behind the scenes technical magic is working great and there are a couple things that are simple changes on your PERSONALIZATION page. The big change that we know is going to take some work on our end (think coding and heads beating against the keyboards) is the Events portion of our newsletters because of the changes to the Calendar function in the new DBWS.
We appreciate your patience while we all work to get familiar with the new DBWS. It will take us a few days to take an in depth look and review all the impacts that the changes have on our newsletter service. We will be working with our developers to get the Calendar functionality working seamlessly as quickly as possible and we will keep you in the loop on what to expect.
In the short
What has changed?
What are the next steps?
- Links to Calendar (There is a workaround while we get coding in place)
- Links to About, Host, Join, Specials (You can update these! – We can help!)
- No more blog (You can update this to a new location – We can help!)
- No more newsletters (You’ll need an email service provider. We have suggestions.
We hope that this helps you to be in the loop, feel more comfortable with what is happening, and answers a lot of your questions. Please let us know if you have more questions. The TRAINING tab has info on updating the PERSONALIZATION and we are here to help, too!
- DELETE all saved newsletters from your account
- We will be deleting all saved newsletters from your account tonight.
- Sent Newsletters – If you have sent a newsletter it appears old links to DBWS pages are being forwarded to your DBWS home page or your store page, so that’s great. The exception is the links to events, those go to a page not found error since the Events page doesn’t exist as a separate page in the new DBWS.
- Un-sent Newsletters – If you started working on a newsletter, but haven’t sent it you will need to delete it. Once you update your Personalization you’ll create all new newsletters with the updated links in info.
- Update PERSONALIZATION
- Look at the top of the page for the brown PERSONALIZATION tab.
- Update the DBWS URLs for the About, Host, Join, Specials/Promotions. To do this go to your DBWS click on the About link and copy the URL. Paste it into the About section in the Personalization tab. Repeat for the Host, Join, and Specials.
- In the Personalization tab you can remove your Event Page URL. These events will not automatically add to your newsletters until we can fix the code to make it work.
- Update the Blog URL if yours was pointing to your DBWS. If it was something else you don’t need to change.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the UPDATE button to save your changes.
- Create Newsletters
- Open a new newsletter from the SELECT NEWSLETTERS TEMPLATE section.
- Click the MODIFY button. This will import the new links and info into the newsletter. Make any changes you like.
- In the UPCOMING EVENTS section will be blank. You have two options until we can make our system work with the changes Stampin’ Up! made:
- Add a link- Under the UPCOMING EVENTS heading add a note like: “See my Events @ my blog or Facebook Page”
- Type or paste in individual events and info you want to include
- Save Changes
- Click PREVIEW button to finish applying changes.
- Review – with all the changes happening it is especially important to check your preview. Click the links and make sure they are going where you want them to and that the new links you added are working correctly.
- New Newsletter Delayed Release
- The following newsletters are scheduled to be released on the 15th of September. In order to provide the very best quality service to you we will delay the release.
- Team Newsletter and Customer Newsletter (Color)
Thank you for your patience and support during this transition.