SDG&E Selects Raters for the 2015 Program!
In March, SDG&E issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to identify raters with multifamily energy efficiency expertise to serve the Energy Upgrade California Multifamily program (EUC-MF). As a result, the following raters have been selected to support multifamily property owners who participate in the EUC-MF program.
1) Association for Energy Affordability, Inc.
2) Partner Energy, Inc.
3) Alana Buick & Bers, Inc.
4) Gilleran Energy Management, Inc.
5) Emerald Impact
The Energy Upgrade California Multifamily program is a whole building approach whereby Program Raters conduct an assessment of a multifamily property to pinpoint the most cost-effective energy upgrades. EUC-MF requires a minimum of two upgrades that achieve at least 10% energy savings. The whole-building approach analyzes the building as a whole and the interaction of measures and systems to maximize energy savings, building performance, and return on investment. The Program Raters' duties in the EUC-MF program include:
- Considering many factors (building and equipment age, climate zone, cost, savings and budget) to inform energy upgrade investment decisions
- Assisting in prequalifying properties to determine if whole-building is the best approach for their specific properties
- Conducting a property assessment that includes an audit and a computer model that simulates the buildings existing and proposed energy use with various energy upgrade scenarios
- Recommending an energy upgrade scope of work with specifications
- Providing support during construction and SDG&E quality control site visits
- Verifing installation of agreed upon upgrades
To ensure the highest level of quality service to property owners, Program Raters participate in on-going monthly EUC-MF program meetings and continuing education, keeping abreast of program best practices and new technologies. “We gathered input from past participants and we learned that the success of a project was largely determined by the leadership of the Program Rater involved,” stated Cheryl LaCombe, EUC-MF Program Implementer on behalf of SDG&E. This “team” approach with the Program Raters being the liaison between owner and program aims to ensure the best service to owners and simplify participation.
If you need to replace equipment, are considering any type of renovation, or want to improve the performance of your buildings, please call TRC at 1-866-352-7457
to see if your property qualifies for incentives through the Energy Upgrade California Multifamily program.
EUC-MF Incentives Can Help Extend a Renovation Budget
Regular maintenance, property improvements, and renovations are all points in a property’s life cycle. These points also trigger opportunities to augment your budget by incorporating energy efficiency incentives available through the Energy Upgrade California Multifamily program. The benefits of upgrading your building’s energy efficiency make perfect business sense:
- Incorporating energy efficiency into your renovation plan can increase your overall property value and return on investment (ROI)
- Lower utility costs and increased comfort can result in higher resident satisfaction — that means fewer complaints and costly turnovers and unwanted vacancies
- Prospective residents consider a property’s energy efficiency when making their decision about a new rental home — energy efficiency gives you a competitive edge
SDG&E’s Energy Upgrade California Multifamily program is a free, public service that offers incentives for whole-building upgrades. If your property is slated for any type of improvement or renovation, call us to see how you can leverage incentives to improve your property improvement and value. Contact us at email@example.com
or call 1-866-352-7457
to get started.