AGAT Laboratories' Science and Technology Talks 2019 offer the opportunity for industry professionals to join together to learn and discuss relevant topics in the Energy, Environmental, Industrial and Health and Safety Sectors. Additionally, it offers an opportunity to present their unique challenges and questions to our industry leaders from a variety of backgrounds such as governmental, laboratory, energy and environmental consulting professions.
Calgary (Jan 25th) /Edmonton (Feb 6th) - FULL DAY Seminar registration opens at 7:15 AM on each day and will include a number of presentations, breakfast, lunch and networking breaks throughout the day. Registration deadline is January 18th (Calgary) and February 1st (Edmonton), and delegate passes are $175.00 (includes GST).
Lloydminster/Grande Prairie - Information Coming Soon.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is highly recommended for all industry professionals who have an interest in environmental, energy, and health and safety. This includes, engineers, producers, operators, environmental managers, environmental consulting firms, property developers, governmental/regulatory bodies, engineering firms and more.
- End of Life Abandonment and Reclamation in the Upstream Oil and Gas Sector - The Redwater Decision / Status and Implications of Bill C-69 - An Act to Enact the Impact Assessment Act and the Canadian Energy Regulator Act, to Amend the Navigation Protection Act, Ken Lenz, Partner, and Brad Gilmour, Partner, Bennet Jones LLP
- Update on Liability Initiatives, Robert Wadsworth, Vice President, Closure & Liability, Alberta Energy Regulator
- Update from the Orphan Well Association, Lars De Pauw, M.Sc., P.Eng., Executive Director, Orphan Well Association
- Area-Based Closure, Bryan Yu, P.Eng., Staff Well Abandonment Engineer, Husky Energy
- Hydrovac Material Management, Dalene Meier, Environment Technical Specialist, Alberta Energy Regulator
- Augmenting Traditional Analysis of Plume Chemistry with Advanced Geostatistics, John Banks, P.Chem., Principal Chemist, and Parker J. Banks, B.A.Sc., SWAT Consulting Inc.
- Considerations in a Changing Climate, Lisa Neville, Ph.D., Director, Technical Sciences., AGAT Laboratories
- Analytical Decision Trees: An Adaptive Management Approach to Analytical Testing for the Identification and Delineation of an Oil Spill, Tara Murfitt, P.Geo., Hydrogeologist, and Shaun Toner, Senior Aquatic Biologist, Marix Solutions Inc.
- Wetland Policy Field Perspective, Kristen Andersersen, PWS., P.Biol., CPESC., Senior Environmental Scientist, Associated Environmental Consultants Inc.
- Interpretation is More than Tabulation, Court Sandau, PhD, P.Chem, Principal, Chemistry Matters and Tom Knapik, P.Eng., Manager, Environment, Plain Midstream Canada
For the complete event schedule, and to register, visit: www.agatlabs.com/seminars/techtalks-2019.cfm
- Alberta Environment and Parks Regulatory Update, Gordon Dinwoodie, Land Reclamation Specialist, Alberta Environment and Parks
Environmental Services Association of Alberta (ESAA)
Suite 102, 2528 Ellwood Drive SW
Edmonton, AB T6X 0A9