On Monday, we hosted our second annual Games and Media Summit at the Tribeca Film Festival. Here are some highlights!
- $20,000 raised for GameChanger Charity: In our Playing for Change charity game-a-thon, celebrity livestreamers CaptainSparklez and Tom Syndicate raised nearly $20,000 for GameChanger Charity, which brings video games to terminally ill children in hospitals.
- $10,000 awarded in Feed the Pig game design competition: Artist Scott Garner won a grand prize of $10,000 for his game concept, Yesterday's Tomorrow, which explores how your choices affect the future by visiting the future. The Feed the Pig Challenge tasked game developers to create a game to engage young Americans to think differently about savings, debt and financial security.
- Challenge of Diversity winner received $10,000 grant: Interlude announced the winner of a $10,000 production grant for The Challenge of Diversity, a competition where the game developer and filmmaker communities were asked to collaborate and create an interactive series. Check out the winner's and finalists' videos here.
- 14 interactive games and experiences: From games with costumes as controllers to augmented and virtual reality, the G4C Arcade at the Summit highlighted games' powerful potential and gave a glimpse into what they'll look like in the not-too-distant future.
- Sold-out panels and sessions: Videos coming soon to our YouTube channel! The Summit featured talks on community cultivation, mental health, cognitive therapy, gender and diversity, and more.