|IHE Europe Connectathon
Luxembourg will host the fifteenth annual IHE-E Connectathon April 20-24, 2015. Last year's event saw over 70 companies test over 100 systems. Companies large and small are invited to test systems this year in all categories of health IT to ensure their interoperability with those of their peers. Registration opens Dec. 1, 2014. Find more information here.
IHE USA Partners with HIMSS and IWG to Simplify Health Data Exchange
IHE USA has announced a strategic partnership with the Interoperability Workgroup
(IWG) and HIMSS
to streamline connectivity between EHR systems and health information exchanges (HIEs) by providing detailed specifications and testing processes to ensure connectivity. The group will announce the opening of a new testing and certification program at the IHE North American Connectathon Conference 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio Learn more here.
Growth and Innovation at North American Connectathon
Registration for testing at this year's IHE North American Connectathon is up dramatically and over 30 percent of organizations registering are first-time participants. The increase reflects IHE’s responsiveness to US Federal initiatives, as well as new technologies being tested such as mobile applications and profiles leveraging HL7’s Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standards. Learn more here.
- Introductory Webinar: IHE’s Role in Driving Standards-Based Interoperability
- HL7 is offering a two part-webinar on Nov. 19 and 21 to learn more about IHE’s role in the development and deployment process, and the critical problems that impede standards-based interoperability. Register for the two-part webinar.
- Federated HPD Virtual Connectathon | Call for Participation
- In October IHE USA joined with ONC, eHealth Exchange, and the EHR/HIE Interoperability Working Group (IWG) to present a call for participants to test updates to IHE’s Healthcare Provider Directory (HPD) profile, including a new federated option. Listen to the webinar recording or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about implementing and testing Federated HPD.
- IHE USA Educational programs at the IHE NA Connectathon
- Join IHE USA for the Annual Connectathon Conference on Wed. Jan. 28, 2015 at the HIMSS Innovation Center in Cleveland. This year IHE USA will also offer a new interactive learning program, Connectathon 101, developed to prepare organizations interested in testing at future Connectathons. The new one-day program takes place on Tues. Jan. 27. Registration for both events is now open. Learn more and register today.
- Patient Care Device (PCD) - hAs part of significant updates to its technical framework documents, the PCD domain has produced two new Medical Equipment Management (MEM) related profiles: Device Management Communication (MEMDMC) and Location Services (LS). These two new profiles will be test in the 2015 North America Connectathon in January in Cleveland. The PCD Technical Framework documents are available here.
- IT Infrastructure (ITI) Plan for 2015 - The ITI domain has outlined its plan for development of new profiles in 2015-2016. Learn more about ITI's plans here.