Want a 1-year FREE Membership?
Register NOW for Hero Games 2020...
Hero Games is a FUN functional fitness competition for ALL fitness levels coming up on Saturday, February 29, 2020! Participants will compete for the title of Club Hero and over $10,000 in prizes including (6) 1-year memberships to Ascension Genesys Health Club!
Individual Competition (Rx, Scaled): A 15-minute AMRAP workout in which competitors will be given 15-minutes to complete As Many Rounds As Possible.
Team Competition (Rx): A chipper: a workout in which each team member must complete the number of repetitions stated of each exercise before moving on to the next exercise.
- *10 Kcal) Air resistance bike
- (10) Deadlift (Men, 135/95, Women 95/65 lbs.)
- (10) Hand release push-up (scaled on knees)
- (10) Ball slams (Mens 40/30, Women 25/20 lbs.)
- (10) Ab mat sit-ups
- Rower - 1 person rowing at all times
- (50) Burpees
- (40) Squat thrusters
- (30) Standard sit-up
- (20) Alternating lunges
- 1 mile Relay race (1/4 mile per person)
PLUS! There will be a food truck, giveaways, and a FREE family fun obstacle course – so bring the whole family! Event proceeds will benefit Ascension Genesys Health Club’s Parkinson’s exercise programs, with funds administered by the Ascension Genesys Foundation. Click here for more information.
- Rx: prescribed weights and reps
- Scaled: lesser weight
FREE Hero Games Training!
Every Monday at 6 p.m. or 8 p.m. (ongoing) thru February 24th
Register NOW for Hero Games and receive FREE Hero Games Training!* Our degreed and certified Personal Trainers Frankie Joubran and Dylan Elizondo will walk you through all the individual and team competition exercises, so that you are ready to compete (individual or team) at Hero Games on Saturday, February 29th, 2020!
FREE Hero Games Training Program Includes:
For more information or to sign up for your training, contact Jen Colombo at (810) 606-7526, or email@example.com.
- Step-by-step exercise instructions
- Guidance on proper form
- Competition Do's and Don'ts
- Low, medium, and high intensity circuits
- Cardio routines and more!
*Training signup is required. Must be registered for Hero Games in order to attend.
Youth Floor Hockey with the Flint Firebirds
Tuesday, February 4th from 6-7:30 p.m.
Practice shooting, passing, and stick handling with a scrimmage to follow. Ages 8-13 welcome, no experience necessary. FREE for members / $5 for non-members. For more information or to register contact the Service Desk (810) 606-7300. Click here for more information.
For a Limited Time Only... No Initiation Fee to Join!
PLUS! Prepay for the year and get a 13th month FREE!
Contact Membership Services for full details, (810) 606-7519.
Locker Room and Wet Area Policy Reminders
- Showering is required before entering pools, whirlpool, cold plunge, dry sauna and steam room.
- Bathing suits are required to be worn in pools, whirlpool and cold plunge.
- Towels and/or bathing suits are required to be worn in the dry sauna and steam room.
- Shoes are not allowed in pools, whirlpool, cold plunge, dry sauna and steam room.
- In an effort to keep our club as family-friendly as possible we ask that when undressed and moving around in the locker room to be considerate of those around you and cover yourself with a towel.
Interested in Small Group Personal Training?*
If you are looking to change up your workout routine and/or breakthrough a physical plateau… Join Personal Trainer Aric Sperling for a 55 minute Queenax® Small Group Training session, called Metabolic Fit. Metabolic Fit sessions will be held on Mondays at 5:00 p.m. (ongoing).
Space is limited - 6 max. Sign up opens 1 week prior to each training session.
For more information contact Aric Sperling at Aric.Sperling@ascension.org, or click here.
*Member and non-member rates apply. Online sign up is required
Traditionally the Ascension Genesys Health Club Tennis Department has provided tennis balls and hoppers for member use. Over the past several months however, we have received a great deal of complaints with regards to tennis balls being left on the courts resulting in a serious safety hazard for others and increased labor costs for the club.
As a result, Ascension Genesys Health Club Tennis Department will only be providing tennis balls and hoppers for our members Monday—Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. After 6:00 p.m. (Monday—Friday) and on the weekends members may bring in their own balls and hoppers if they wish. Also, for your convenience tennis balls are available for sale in our Pro Shop.