For all my filmmaking colleagues:
Denver Documentary Summit May 29-30
I'm happy to announce that I'll be speaking at the Denver Documentary Summit at the end of this month. Joined by colleague Rogue Edwards, we'll be talking about creative approaches to distribution for independent films. That's just one of many sessions that will address everything from developing your concept and raising funds to crafting your story through the lens and into the edit suite.
My friends and colleagues save 25% (up to $50) on registration. Read on for details...
Some of the other panelists and speakers:
- Alison Greenberg, producer of the 2012 Oscar®-winning short doc, Saving Face
- Freddy Camalier, director of 2013's Muscle Shoals, which Seattle Times called "Hands down one of the best music documentaries ever made"
- Chad Herschberger, creative director at Milkhaus, whose editing, camerawork, and animations have graced Chasing Ice and other visually stunning films
- Danielle Renfrew, producer, who has five official Sundance selections to her credit
- Donna Dewey, producer/director of the 1997 Academy Award® winning short, A Story of Healing (and multiple other festival and award-friendly films)
I'm excited and humbled to be counted among such acclaimed documentary filmmakers. It's sure to be an excellent opportunity for storytellers like me to peel our noses off the grindstone and spend a couple days immersed in the philosophy, strategy, and tactics of our craft. Join me!
The organizers of the event have kindly extended me a 25% discount for my friends, colleagues, and followers. That makes it just $150 for both days or $105 for one day. Not a bad investment in your most valuable (and overworked) asset: you. I hope you'll join me at Denver's Sie FilmCenter Thursday and Friday, May 29-30.
How to receive your 25% discount:
- Click here to visit the official website of the Denver Documentary Summit
- Enter promotional code: HAMILTON then select and buy your tickets
See you there!
P.S. Want more emails like this? If you were forwarded this one or found it some other way, click here to sign up for my list
. I send six or fewer per year and often there are nice perks, discounts,
like this one.