Film 5 Short: A Way To Go - AUDITIONS
Audition Dates: April 1st and April 2nd (6pm-10pm both days)
Audition Location: Halifax. Those chosen will be notified as to the location ahead of time.
Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperate - Film 5 Program
Short Film: Una Forma De Partir "A Way to Go" - www.awaytogofilm.com
Production Company: Front Row Pictures TM
Union or Non-Union - Both
Paid - Yes
Casting Director: Erin Hennessey - Hennessey Casting
Producer: Chuck McLearn
Director/Writer: Joshua Young
Shoot Dates: April 25 - 26th
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
1. LEANDRO (Lead) 60s-80s, open ethnicity, male, would like to see as much diversity as possible. Stubborn and chivalrous, Leandro misses his late wife, while fearlessly moving forward despite the isolation he appears to be living in...1 line - 10 scenes
2. DOCTOR MACDONALD (Actor) 40s-50s, open ethnicity, male or female, an overworked doctor in a hospital. They try to convince Leandro to accept permanent assisted care due to his heart condition....5 lines - 1 scene
3. DELIVERY PERSON (Principal) teen to early 20s, open ethnicity, male or female. Laid-back, sarcastic and just professional enough not to get fired. They deliver groceries to Leandro while answering phone calls from their friend...9 lines - 1 scene
4. MELISANDRA (Actor) 40s, open ethnicity, female, confident and caring. She appears in Leandro's memories. Willing to see non-actors who are comfortable on camera....no lines - 1 scene
5. WAITRESS (Actor) mid-twenties to 50, female, hard working and salt of the earth. She is a career waitress who has a special connection to Leandro since he is a regular at the bar/pub. When his wife was alive, they treated her like the daughter they never had...5 lines - 3 scenes
6. MAN #1 (Principal) 20s to 40s, male, obnoxious and unaware of his surroundings. He annoyingly watches a football game on his smartphone at full volume with his friends. All-the-while irritating the other patrons who are trying to watch the flamenco show...12 lines - 2 scenes
7. MAN #2 (Actor) 20s to 40s, male, a follower of Man #1. Everything Man #1 does is great! Man #2 wishes he had the so-called "confidence" Man #1 has which everyone else would interpret as arrogance and the word "pig-headed" also comes to mind...1 line - 2 scenes
8. LEANDRO'S SON (Actor) 40s to 50s, male, a younger version of Leandro. Preferred Spanish but open to seeing other ethnicities. He looks up to his father but needs to keep an eye on his health because of Leandro's stubborn ways. He brings his grandsons newborn, Alvaro, to the bar/pub...3 lines - 1 scene
9. ALVARO (Actor) 3 to 8 months old. Preferred Spanish, but open to other ethnicities. Must have no hair or black hair. Preferred brown or dark eyes. He is brought into the bar/pub with his family. Is held by Leandro...no lines - 1 scene
HOW TO APPLY:
If you already have an account with us, login and select "Short Film: A Way To Go" from the project list, then select the ROLE for which you feel you are best suited.
If you do NOT have an account with us, please visit www.hennesseycasting.com and create your own Talent Profile, then select "Short Film: A Way To Go". Make sure you then select the ROLE for which you feel you are best suited.
Please include an updated acting resume, if you don;t have a resume, you can list your relevant experience in the More Wonderful Details About Me" field on your profile.
If you are selected for an audition, you will be contacted with a script and the location.
(Please note: If you are registering for the first time, you will need to use a laptop or desktop computer - you can't complete the form using a mobile device).
Also - we have no way of knowing how long you will be needed on set, so please don't apply unless you can commit to being on set regardless of how long you are needed.
EVERYONE: Please make sure all your contact info and your clothing sizes are up to date! We had loads of great people applying for work this year who then turned out to be unreachable by phone OR email. Just give your profile the old once over before you logout. And as always - make sure your photos are decent - you need to look like your photos when you turn up on set. It's kind of a thing.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions about the project or script, please contact JOSHUA YOUNG directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org