The show may be over, but our fundraising continues
View this email in your browser
Dear Homo File Friends, Family, and Fans,

It's been a week since closing night of the premiere of Homo File and we are still glowing from the sold-out run and enthusiastic response. Thank you for being involved in supporting my dream project. Over 800 people came to see the show and now many more people know about Sam Steward's important history. None of this would have been possible without you!
 
NOW WHAT? A TOUR?
 
The show may have closed, but our fundraising continues. If we can cover the total cost of this production we will begin plans to tour the piece in the next year. The ticket sales covered about 25% of our overall budget to produce the premiere and we rely on grants and individual donations to cover the other 75%.  At this point we are about 80% to our ideal fundraising target. We have received more grants and individual donations than ever before but we still need a little extra to get us across the finish line. We've not gone over budget--it just costs a small fortune to produce a work with so many artists involved. We want to pay our artists as much as we can. Please help us reward them for their exceptional work over the past 6 months. We hope they will join us as we take Homo File to other cities.

We are certain that this show will have a broad appeal when we take it on tour because our SF audiences spanned from ages 18 to 85, both gay and straight. They kept asking us why more people don't know about this amazing Civil Rights story. We are ready to tell Sam's story and we need a little extra help. We have extended our Indie Go Go campaign until this Friday, June 28th to accomplish our goal of ending this phase of the project without going into any debt. Please consider contributing to our campaign and becoming a part of making Sam Steward's legacy one that will inspire us to tell our stories and live by our truth.  

No matter the size, ($1-$1000) every contribution makes a HUGE difference and the rewards are pretty amazing. Check out the side bar. You can also help us by sharing the campaign with your friends and spread the word far and wide.
 
With huge gratitude,

Seth Eisen
Support Homo File
Forward
Share
Tweet
What the press said:
An “extravaganza. . .  the only theatrical form worthy of the life of Samuel Steward.” – Richard Dodds, The Bay Area Reporter

“An epic saga about a larger than life character — lover of Rudolph Valentino, protege of Gertude Stein, a university professor who became the official tattoo artist for the Hell’s Angels, a voracious sexual dynamo, researcher for Alfred Kinsey and writer of erotica under the nom de plume Phil Andros.” – Mary Ellen Hunt, 96 Hours, San Francisco Chronicle

“Part historical chronicle, part spectacle, Homo File explores the many facets of a man who lived more vigorously than the rest.” – SF Weekly

What audiences said:
“Homo File is a must see theatrical event. One of the best local based performances I have seen in years.” 

"Have to share my appreciation for this amazing show. Brilliant, courageous, bold, daring , staged with surprising puppets, formidable actors, pianist and songs. Do not miss it! Sometimes sad, sometimes funny and often surprising this piece of theater is a must."

Click the links below to check out our blog with photos, guest writers, and more:
Support Homo File
Every contribution helps greatly from
$10 to $10,000!
With your tax deductible donation, you can receive fabulous perks!!

- A performance of Homo File excerpts at the venue of your choosing

- Private Artistic Coaching with Seth Eisen

- An exclusive invitation to a Homo File Party with our lovely cast and crew

- Homo File Ephemera: Recreations of Sam's photographs, puppet sketches from the show, t-shirts, and more
 
Photos: Gary Ivanek and
Carlos Barrera
Linocut: Katie Gilmartin
Copyright © 2014 Eye Zen Presents, All rights reserved.


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp