Dear <<First Name>>:
Welcome to SCAN! On behalf of SCAN's Executive Committee, we wish to extend our gratitude to all new SCAN members! Thank you for making the excellent choice to join over 7,000 other dedicated dietetics professionals with expertise in sports nutrition, cardiovascular health, wellness, promotion of active lifestyles, and the prevention and treatment of disordered eating.
Visit our website for a complete list of SCAN's leadership and SCAN Office contact information.
SCAN promotes professional excellence by providing innovative professional development and networking opportunities, and by promoting SCAN members both within and outside the Academy. As a new membership year begins, we want to share with you some important information in regards to your member benefits and upcoming SCAN events. Additional details will be sent throughout the year.
How do you access the members-only area of the SCAN website? The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and SCAN use the same ID/username and password to access the member side of both the www.eatright.org and www.scandpg.org websites. View 'How Do I log-in' in SCAN's dropdown 'Sign In' tab for more information.
Once you are logged in, tap into the following tools and resources:
- Check out e-learning opportunities - free archived resources of webinars, recordings and more that no longer offer CPE.
- Access Natural Medicines, an excellent resource for information on dietary supplements, included as part of your membership.
- Promote your products, resources, events and services in the online Member Marketplace, distinguishing yourself as an expert in your area of practice.
- PULSE, the professional quarterly publication that provides FREE CPE and cutting edge research and practice news in every issue. Archived issues can be found online and accessed by members on demand. The PULSE is mailed to members three times per membership year and is offered exclusively online for the June issue to increase availability to new and returning members and in keeping with trends of moving more media online for easier access.
- Quarterly e-newsletters: SD-USA “SCORE”, Wellness/CV “CONNECTION”, DEED "Bite by Bite", and student publication “The Beat”
- In 2014, the Therapeutic Research Center merged the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database and Natural Standards Database to provide one website with unbiased, scientific, clinical information on complimentary alternative and integrative therapies.
- SCAN has secured a two-year subscription with Natural Medicines and encourages you to visit the database through the SCAN website, under professional development, and utilize the myriad of resources available!!!
- 1-3 new e-learning webinars every month
- Available for FREE during the first 30-days to members only starting this summer
- Downloadable to your account
- On-demand viewing 24/7/365
- Continuing Education credits apply
Fact Sheets & PowerPoint Presentations
- FREE TO MEMBERS ONLY starting this summer
- Save yourself time and energy with these professionally created nutrition fact sheets
- Tailored to topics in each of SCAN's sub-group areas - Sports Nutrition, Cardiovascular Health, Wellness & Eating Disorders / Disordered Eating
Find a SCAN RD
- Easy to use resource for locating highly qualified nutrition professionals in your area
- Just enter your zip code and search radius
20% Member Discount for SCAN Events
Save the date for the 2016 SCAN Symposium
: Prescriptions for Sustainable Health, Performance and Practice at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in Portland, OR, April 8 - 10, 2016. Visit the SCAN website for more information.
- SCAN Educational Breakfast: Sunday, October 4 from 6:45 - 8:00 AM at the Omni
- SCAN Reception: Sunday, October 4 from 6:00-9:00 PM at the Wildhorse Saloon and Restaurant
- SCAN-Siggi's Yogurt Morning Fitness Activity: Monday, October 5 from 6:45 - 8:00 AM at the Omni
- SCAN at the DPG Showcase: Monday, October 5 from 9:00 -12:00 PM in Exhibit Hall C at the Music City Center
Connect with SCAN
SCAN is excited for a new year and we are working hard to connect more with our current members in order to make SCAN stronger than ever. Stay engaged with SCAN via Facebook and our Twitter handle: @SCANdpg
. Also be sure to visit SCAN on Pinterest
, and Blogger
About SCAN: SCAN is the largest dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. With over 7,200 members, SCAN brings together Registered Dietitians, Registered Dietetic Technicians and others with nutrition expertise in the areas of sports, physical activity, cardiovascular health, wellness, and the prevention and treatment of disordered eating and eating disorders.