|2 WEEKS UNTIL THE PARENT SOCIAL
The Parent Social is only two weeks away! The menu is set, the drinks are chilling and the DJ is booked! Come to see old friends, make new ones and enjoy a fun night out (having conversations without kids interrupting!). Please respond by Wednesday, November 4. Want to help out? Sign up on VolunteerSpot at http://vols.pt/X9QMno.
Parent Social Contacts:
Jessica Weinberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peggy Myers, email@example.com
Amy Biborosch, firstname.lastname@example.org
MOVIE NIGHT - NOVEMBER 2, MONDAY
For the latest news and information from the T/E Community that may be of interest to Beaumont Families, visit the HSA's Community Corner.
BES will be showing the animated movie Home
, on Monday, November 2, from 6:00 - 7:30pm
, sponsored by Beaumont Staff Cares, a group created by BES teachers and staff. It's on Monday evening, but there is no school the next day since it is Election Day / Staff In Service Day. It's not too late to participate, either fill out the Registration Form or come join us on Monday night. Walk-ins are welcome.
The HSA will also be collecting donations of cleaning solutions for Tredyffrin & Easttown Care, a wonderful organization providing financial and other material assistance to those in need in our area. View flyer
to learn more.
NO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY - ELECTION / IN SERVICE DAY
School will be closed on Tuesday, November 3
for Election Day and Staff In Service Day for the T/E School District.
BES SPIRIT DAY - NOVEMBER 6, FRIDAY
Throughout the year, Beaumont encourages everyone to participate in a BES Spirit Day with different themes. On Friday, November 6, we kick off the first Friday of each month as BES Spirit Day. Please wear your BES shirt, sweatshirt, hat, shorts, or anything in RED.
November 23 is Button Day (more details to follow) and December 21 is everyone's favorite, Crazy Hair Day.
CELLO FURY AT BES - NOVEMBER 10, TUESDAY
Cello Fury will be performing at Beaumont's Assembly on Tuesday, November 10 at 2:00pm
. They will also perform for the public at Valley Forge Middle School on Friday, November 13 at 7:00pm
. Cello Fury is a cello rock powerhouse featuring three cellists and a drummer. Their original music combines the emotive and symphonic sounds of the cello with driving rock beats to create a cinematic, progressive rock sound. To learn more, view flyer
or visit Cello Fury's website
MATH IN FOCUS OPEN HOUSE - NOVEMBER 17, TUESDAY
We invite parents of Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
students to join the T/E Math Specialists for a Math Open House on Tuesday, November 17 from 1:15 - 3:15pm in the Science Rooms (Room 27 and 28)
. View flyer
and learn more about our Math in Focus program with the guidance of Math Specialists from Beaumont, led by Mrs. Plunkett
, and other T/E elementary school teachers. There will be an Open House for Grades 3 - 4 on December 9. More details to follow.
WI-FI FOR BES VISITORS
Wireless access is now available at Beaumont and all TESD schools and buildings. Visitor access will connect to a filtered Internet for 24 hours. View directions
to connect wirelessly.
THANK YOU FROM BOOK FAIR COMMITTEE
Thank you to Beaumont families for participating and volunteering for the successful Monster-themed Fall Book Fair last week. Thank you to the Book Fair Committee, led by Michele Bolton, Renee Del Viscio, Mary Hashemi, Amy Stoios, and Elena Williamson, for organizing an entertaining week of events. We look forward to the Spring 2016 Book Fair.
PHOTOS FROM HALLOWEEN PARADE AND CLASS PARTIES
BES impressed us all with their inventive costumes. Last year, the BES staff dressed as Superheroes. They showed their solidarity and humor this year by re-purposing their Peace Day t-shirts and dressing up as 1980's Yoga Teachers. Thank you to the parent volunteers for helping the Halloween parties run smoothly. Follow link to view Halloween photos
taken by Yearbook volunteers.
Magan Pilato, email@example.com
Claudette McCarron, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Bracco, email@example.com
BES COMMUNITY SERVICE - TERRACYCLING
Beaumont is partnering with Terracycle
to recycle: 1. Juice Pouches (any brand) 2. Oral Care Waste (any brand)
including: empty toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes, toothbrush packaging, toothpaste boxes, floss boxes (Note: floss picks are NOT accepted). Please encourage your child to "Terracycle" their empty juice pouches (and straws) at lunch by placing them in the collection box in the cafeteria
instead of the garbage can, and send in your oral care waste for the collection bin in the lobby
. The more we collect, the more we help our planet and Beaumont can redeem Terracycling points earned.
Community Service Contacts:
Becky Pitofsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
• T&E Care Annual Fundraiser - November 7, 2015, 6:30 - 11:00pm at St. Davids Golf Club, 845 Radnor Street Rd, Wayne, PA 19087. T&E Care is a non-profit that lends assistance to families in TESD who might be struggling due to any number of reasons. Visit www.tecare.org to learn more.
• 'Stoga Showcase of Sound Cavalcade - The 6th annual band competition is on November 7, 2015, 5:00pm at Conestoga High School. Bands from 16 area schools, including the CHS Marching Pioneers, will perform at Teamer Field. To learn more, view flyer.
• Expedition Easttown: Search the Stacks - Explore Easttown Library on Sunday, November 8, from 1:30 - 4:00pm during an exciting scavenger hunt based on the award-winning book Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library. Tickets are $5 and all proceeds benefit the library. To learn more, view flyer.
• Conestoga High School Presents Taming of the Shrew - Shakespeare's classic comedy will be performed from November 19 - 21, 2015. To learn more, view flyer or visit StogaTheatre.com to order tickets.
• Nominate Your Favorite Teacher - Fill out an Online Form by December 31 to nominate your favorite teacher for the 2016 Citadel Heart of Learning Award.
• LingoKids - Registration open for after school language classes at Beaumont in Spanish, French or German for Grades K - 4, starting January 6, 2016.