LEARN MORE ABOUT DR. STEPHANIE DEMMING
• Started at Beaumont:
• Other Roles at TESD:
District Gifted Support Coordinator - Elementary School Level, District Strategic Planning Committee, District Curriculum Council
• Former Roles at TESD: Conestoga Assistant Principal, T/E Middle School Assistant Principal, Curriculum Supervisor for Language Arts, Second Grade Teacher at New Eagle Elementary School
• Favorite Spirit Day: Pink Day
• 3 Adjectives that Best Describe Her (by others):
Intelligent, Kind, Fair
• Favorite Hobbies: Reading, Sailing, Yoga
• Favorite Places to Visit: The Beach, NYC, Florida, The Caribbean
• Fun Facts: Daughter Maddie is a Freshman at Conestoga High School and son Connor is a Fifth grader at Valley Forge Middle School
• Best Thing About Being a Principal: The opportunity to work with and support amazing students, caring families, and talented teachers and staff makes being a Principal at Beaumont an incredibly rewarding experience.
ROYER - GREAVES SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND
HOLIDAY GIFT COLLECTION UNTIL DECEMBER 14
The 3rd and 4th Grade Chorus will perform a Holiday concert for the Royer - Greaves School for the Blind in Paoli on Wednesday, December 16. The HSA Community Service Committee is coordinating gift donations that will be presented to the school at the concert. If you are considering donating a gift, please follow this link for an itemized list of requested items:
All unwrapped hats and gift cards will be collected in the school lobby by Monday, December 14. Thank you for your donations.
ARCH PRESENTS PARENTING IN THE AGE OF
SOCIAL MEDIA - DECEMBER 14, MONDAY
ARCH (Area Residents Caring & Helping) will have two screenings of CNN's documentary, Being13: Inside the Secret World of Teens on Monday, December 14, from 9:00 - 10:30am at Valley Forge Middle School (105 Walker Rd, Wayne) and 7:00 - 8:30pm at T/E Middle School (801 Conestoga Rd, Berwyn). There will be follow-up presentations which will include strategies for navigating social media with children and the Digital Citizenship Curriculum in T/E. The sessions will conclude with an opportunity for Q&A. All are welcome to this ARCH event. View flyer for more details.
CRAZY HAIR DAY - DECEMBER 21, MONDAY
Crazy Hair Day is on Monday, December 21
. There is no limit to your creativity like wearing a garden on your head, balloons, a donut... Do a Google Search or take a look on Pinterest for endless ideas.
NEW SOUND SYSTEM IN CAFETERIA/AUDITORIUM
The HSA and Beaumont families have generously purchased a new sound system and projector for BES, which have recently been installed in the Cafeteria. The long overdue upgrades will improve not only the sound quality, but the overall experience at school assemblies and concerts. Hope you enjoy the noticeable difference.
SUBSCRIPTION TO READING CONNECTION
Beaumont has recently subscribed to Reading Connection which is a monthly newsletter from Resources for Educators
. Reading Connection delivers tips and activities to support children’s reading, writing, and language development, which are aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Newsletters to download (which were also sent home):
• December Newsletter for Grades K - 2
• December Newsletter for Grades 3 - 4
BES GEAR ORDERS TO BE DELIVERED SOON
Bear Gear orders will be delivered this week or next week, at the latest. Due to some confusion with various orders, we experienced unforeseen delays with our new vendor. We are working on better planning for the Spring Bear Gear Campaign. Thank you for your patience.
Beaumont Bear Gear Contact:
Cara Wiechecki, email@example.com
VOTE FOR MRS. CAP
PLAN AHEAD FOR 2016
PLANNING FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR'S PARENT SOCIAL
Mrs. Shari Capriola (3rd Grade Teacher and has been at Beaumont for over 20 years), has made the short list for the Multiplier of the Year Award for Education
, sponsored by the Wiseman Group. With your vote, she could win a trip to California to attend a Multipliers Workshop and meet Liz Wiseman
, a leadership expert and author who has inspired Mrs. Cap's teaching methods. To learn more about Mrs. Cap, visit her classroom website
and please VOTE for her
to be the Multiplier of the Year for Education by December 31, 2015
. Thanks for voting.
The HSA is looking for parents who would like to participate in brainstorming for next year's Parent Social event. We will most likely have a meeting in January 2016. Please contact HSA President, Courtney O'Brien
, if you would like to help us with the planning. Thank you.
PIZZA BINGO - JANUARY 22, 2016, FRIDAY
Save the date and come and get your Bingo on! The one and only Pizza Bingo will be on Friday, January 22, 2016
(with two seatings at 5:30pm and 6:30pm). Bring your families for pizza and prizes. Every child is guaranteed one prize. Donations of new prizes are being collected now (e.g., crafts, sports balls, and games). Please bring them to the collection bin in the front lobby (and thank you!). Click here
for the registration flyer. We also need parent volunteers for the event and middle school students to check bingo cards. Click http://vols.pt/y9boLX
to sign up (parent volunteers) and contact Angie Polizzi, firstname.lastname@example.org
, to volunteer your middle school child to help.
MOTHER-SON BASEBALL GAME - MAY 22, 2016, SUNDAY
Take Me Out to the Ball Game. Save the date for next year’s Mother-Son Event. Mothers and their sons will feast on hot dogs, pretzels and other goodies while watching the Reading Fightin’ Phils take on the Trenton Thunder. The baseball game is on May 22, 2016
(buffet is at 1:00pm and game starts at 2:05pm). Don’t strike out on this event and put the date on your calendar for a fun afternoon!
• LingoKids - Registration open for after school language classes at Beaumont in Spanish, French or German for Grades K - 4, starting Wednesday, January 6, 2016.
For the latest news and information from the T/E Community, visit the HSA's Community Corner
• BES Community Service -
Beaumont is partnering with TerraCycle
to recycle: 1. Juice Pouches (any brand) 2. Oral Care Waste (any brand).
• Nominate Your Favorite Teacher -
Fill out an Online Form
by December 31 to nominate your favorite teacher for the 2016 Citadel Heart of Learning Award.
• Thrive Literacy Center - Register by December 31 for their new after school clubs at Beaumont, Book Making (Grades K - 2) or Book Buddies (Grades K - 4), starting Monday, January 4, 2016. View flyer for more details.
• Villanova Women's Basketball Education Day - Save the date for Friday, February 5, 2016. To learn more, view flyer or visit HSA's Community Corner.