Pull out your pink shirts, skirts, hats, socks, tutus, scarves and anything else pink in your closet to support breast cancer awareness this Friday. We are asking that all who participate donate at least $1 to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Money can be brought in to school on Friday, October 21st. Click here for more information.
BEAUMONT DIRECTORY ADDENDUM
If you found an error in your information in the Directory, please email Lisa Toland with corrections. We will be compiling a list and sending out an addendum with these corrections.
HALLOWEEN COSTUME SALE
Do you have a Halloween costume that you can no longer wear? Please bring it to school for the Beaumont Halloween costume sale! If you have a costume to contribute, please leave it in the collection box in the lobby from October 17-21. The sale will take place in the main lobby from October 25-27. To purchase a costume, you may donate whatever amount you wish. Thank you and Happy Halloween!
OCTOBER BOOK FAIR
Ahoy Beaumont! The Book Fair is on the horizon and we have lots of fun planned for the week of October 24th. So grab some loot and get ready to get hooked on a book! Sign up here to volunteer anytime or for your child's class time.
Book Fair Schedule:
• Class Visits: Kids visit with their class, find book, bring home a wish list of books, and parents may send money for kids to make purchases. See attached schedule to check when your child will be visiting.
• Special Book Fair Events:
Tuesday October 25, 7:30-8:30a - Donuts with Dad: Bring a dad, granddad, brother or other special person for donuts and coffee.
Thursday October 27, 5:30-7:30p - Family Night: Bring the family and buy pizza and dessert in the cafeteria.
We need several volunteers to help the Book Fair run smoothly during class visits, Family Night and clean-up, so please help out if you can by signing up here. Questions? Contact Mary Hashemi or Renee Del Viscio.
NEW TERRACYCLING BRIGADE: FOIL-LINED BAR WRAPPERS
In addition to collecting empty juice pouches, oral care waste, and Crayola-brand markers, Beaumont will also be Terracycling all foil-lined bar wrappers, including energy bars, granola bars, cereal bars, and protein bars (please, no clear plastic wrappers). Please encourage your child place these empty foil-lined wrappers in the specially marked bin in the cafeteria; click here for more information. Help our planet and help Beaumont!
BEAUMONT HSA OPENINGS
We have several openings for people to get involved with Beaumont and the HSA, including volunteering and leading one our many committees. Please check the Help Wanted section to the left for our most recent openings. Contact Courtney O'Brien if you are interested. Thank you!
KWAME ALEXANDER AUTHOR VISIT
Kwame Alexander will be visiting Beaumont on Wednesday, October 26th, with a 9am presentation for grades K-2 and a 10am presentation for grades 3&4. For students who have purchased a book (book order form attached), there will also be a book signing in the library immediately following the 10am presentation where they will be able to meet Kwame face to face. To learn more about Kwame, visit his website.
In light of recent events throughout the nation, clown costumes or costumes of a clown-like figure will not be permitted for our Halloween Parade/Dress up day activities. Thank you for your assistance in ensuring our students enjoy the activities.
The Beaumont Halloween Parade begins at 2:00 PM on Monday, October 31. The parade will begin at the main front entrance, continue along the carline, and into the carpool circle doors. Please do not park your cars in the car pool circle so we can have enough room for all parents to see the parade. There is extra parking available across the street at Hilltop Park. Please be aware that any parent visiting the parade or parties must be immediately recognizable in accordance with our district safety guidelines. Any parent choosing to wear a costume should not wear any part of the costume that covers the face.
The classroom parties are scheduled for 2:15. Parent/volunteer dismissal will be at 3:00. The morning Kindergarten students’ parade will begin at 9:30 AM. They will parade through the hallways of the school and in the car pool circle. Their party will begin immediately following the parade.
Remember when choosing costumes please avoid costumes that include:
1. gory subjects – costumes depicting monsters, blood, death, horror creatures, controversial political figures, or other frightening characters.
2. weaponry – items resembling guns, swords, rifles, knives, or other weapons
3. avoid full face coverings – material or masks that inhibit vision or breathing or cause students to be unrecognizable. Latex masks are not allowed.
Police presence is scheduled for this event to follow our schools and district’s safety
For the latest news and information from the T/E Community, visit the HSA's Community Corner.
• Beaumont Brownie Troop 2nd Grade Girls - We're looking to restart Beaumont's Brownie Troop! Girls in second grade are welcome to join us for bi-monthly meetings and group activities to foster friendship, leadership, confidence and character. Meeting location and times TBD. We're also looking for parent volunteers! Please contact Troop Leaders Alicia Mendicino (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kerry Jarema (email@example.com) for more information.
• Support FLITE at Devon Whole Foods - Do you shop at Devon Whole Foods? Did you know you could opt to Support Kids in T/E? The Foundation for Learning In Tredyffrin/Easttown has been selected as Devon Whole Foods Market’s Nickels for Non-Profits beneficiary for the upcoming quarter, now thru mid-January. When shopping at the Devon Whole Foods Market, consider bringing your own shopping bag, and when checking out select the option to donate the $.05 savings from your bill to FLITE!
• Girls Youth Basketball Clinic - Saturday, October 22, 2016, 9:30-11:30am. A Girls Youth Basketball Clinic will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2016 (9:30-11:30am) at VF Middle School for girls in grades 2 - 8. Pre-registration is encouraged. Link to flyer
• Community Trunk or Treat - Saturday, October 22, 2016, 3-5pm. The event will be held in the parking lot of Berwyn United Methodist Church 140 Waterloo Avenue, Berwyn, PA 19312, www.berwynumc.org. There will be treats, crafts and decorated trunks. We will have Teal Pumpkin stations as well. This free event is open to everyone in the community.
• Rachel's Helping Hands 5K & Family Fun Walk - Register online at www.rachelshelpinghands.org for this event on Sunday November 13, 2016. For more information, see attached flyer.
• T&E Care: Fall Fest Fundraiser - Saturday, November 5, 2016, 6:30-11pm. T&E Care is a non-profit local organization that provides financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the T/E township. Join T&E Care for a fun evening of dinner, dancing to the Americana and country tunes of Wheelhouse, line dance lessons by Cindy Brauer of Mojo Fitness, and lots of great raffle and auction prizes. Event and raffle tickets and details are available now on T&E Care's website. Raffle prizes include Avalon shore house (only 100 tickets sold for this prize), $1000 in wine, $700 treadmill, $200 Matador gift card, and $450 earrings. You do not have to be present to win. This event raises much needed funds for T&E Care, so your support is very important.
• Stoga Theater Production: You Can't Take it With You - November 17, 18 & 19 at 7pm, November 19 at 2pm
at Conestoga High School. Tickets available at the door and online at www.stogatheatre.com
Come ready for an evening of laughter as two dysfunctional families navigate the engagement of their two children.