BEAR GEAR ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME
Monday, November 7 is Red, White and Blue/Patriotic Day! In anticipation of the Presidential election, students are encouraged to wear their most patriotic outfit in shades of red, white and blue. Also, a special, all-American lunch will be served… Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, carrots with dip, watermelon or PBJ.
We are only a few days away from kicking off the Beaumont Bear Fun Run! On Wednesday, November 9th, our 2-week fundraising program will begin! We’ll start with a Pep Rally, then your family will have time to get pledges, and finally every student will participate in the Fun Run! This year, our goal is to raise $20,000 for Playground & Technology, and we need your help!
Please begin thinking about friends and family who could pledge your student for the Fun Run. Look for a pledge book to come home on Wednesday November 9th to learn how to pledge. And don’t forget to save the Fun Run Day—November 18th —on your calendar. You’re invited to come out and cheer on our students! Thank you for supporting Beaumont Elementary!
Questions? Please contact chairs, Michelle Cherny, Autumn O’Reilly and Leah LeComte.
Show your school spirit in our updated Beaumont Bear Gear. All sales will be placed online through Wayne Sporting Goods. The school store is open until November 7 and can be found at www.waynesportinggoods.com/teams and look for the team store, Beaumont Elementary School. We have some exciting new gear including headbands, waterproof blankets for those cold sporting events, and Under Armour BES gear! All sales are final and items will be delivered before the holiday break. Don’t miss this opportunity to show your Beaumont Spirit! Youth and Adult sizes are available.
Please note: We have switched vendors and are using an online store hosted by a well-respected retailer in our own community. We hope to have eliminated any problems we experienced last year. We hope you find this year’s store to be a better experience!
ONLINE PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE SCHEDULING REMINDER
Parent Teacher Conference scheduling is available online through Friday, November 11. All parents/guardians of District students should have received a letter with information about how to schedule your conference online. This year, parent conferences will be held on November 21, 22 and 28 for elementary students, on November 22 and 28 for middle school students and on November 28 for high school students. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the main office of your child’s school or email FamilyHelpDesk@tesd.net.
SHOP AT KRAMER DRIVE AND SUPPORT BEAUMONT
Kramer Drive would like to take the opportunity to invite Beaumont to their School Spirit Week, November 14-17 from 9a-9p, in their Berwyn store! The shop features the entire Kramer Drive stationary collection as well as carefully curated greeting cards and gifts from brands the owners love. Shoppers will receive 10% off of their purchase and Beaumont will receive 10% of the total sale. See attached flyer for more information.
BEAUMONT DIRECTORY ADDENDUM
The Directory Addendum has been completed. Please see attached document for additional student information.
REMINDER ABOUT PARKING FOR LARGE SCHOOL EVENTS
When parking for school and/or H.S.A. events, please be sure to not park illegally and please do not park in Easttown Township and Easttown Police Department parking spots. Police officers will ticket cars parked illegally and cars parked in township marked parking spots.Thank you for your cooperation.
BEAUMONT MOVIE NIGHT
Movie Night is this Friday, November 11. Voting has wrapped up and the winner is...Rio 2! A donation of $10 is suggested per child. Proceeds will benefit Beaumont Staff Cares Fund. Please see attached registration form, due by November 9.
BEAUMONT HSA OPENINGS
We have several openings for people to get involved with Beaumont and the HSA, including volunteering and leading one our many committees. Please check the Help Wanted section to the left for our most recent openings. Contact Courtney O'Brien if you are interested. Thank you!
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION FROM SCHOOL NURSE
Please review the attached flyer for important school health information, including information about head lice, when to keep your child home from school, and dental and physical exams.
DISMISSAL NOTE PROCEDURE
Please do not use the email@example.com mailbox for dismissal notes. This mailbox is checked once every morning at 10am and used for absence notes. If you would like to send notes for dismissals or change of plans, please send them to both Mrs Toland (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Mrs. Gillespie (email@example.com) or call the office - 610-240-1402. We prefer all change of plans notes to come to the office before 2:00 PM each day. Thank you
PHOTOS FROM HALLOWEEN PARADE AND PARTIES
BES continues to impress with their inventive costumes. This year was dominated by emojis, Star Wars characters and athletes. Thank you to the class parents and volunteers for helping the Halloween parties run smoothly. View Halloween photos taken by Yearbook volunteers and BES teachers on the BES HSA website.
SUBMIT PHOTOS TO YEARBOOK
If you would like to submit a group photo of 2 students or more smiling at the camera from a BES event or field trip (taken with at least a 10 megapixel camera or smart phone), to be considered for the Yearbook, please contact Claudette McCarron. Thank you to volunteers who have contributed their time and photos.
Claudette McCarron, firstname.lastname@example.org
Magan Pilato, email@example.com
PLEASE DONATE KITCHEN SUPPLIES FOR T&E CARE'S HOLIDAY DRIVE FROM NOVEMBER 1 - 18
T&E Care supports over 125 local families (including Beaumont families) in need, with the help of BES and other T/E schools, by donating presents for the holidays. Once again, Beaumont will be collecting kitchen supplies this year. We would appreciate new kitchen utensils, baking tools and storage containers. Think of what you use to make your holiday meals and donate what you find essential. View list for suggestions. Please leave donations in the blue storage bin in the Lobby next to the Beaumont Bear from November 1 - 18. Thank you for your generosity and helping our local community. To learn more about how T&E Care helps the community, visit their website or if you would like to volunteer your time and help with the T&E Care Holiday Drive, sign up to volunteer. For questions, contact Claudette McCarron.
Check out November's newsletters for Beginning Readers and Intermediate Readers.
For the latest news and information from the T/E Community, visit the HSA's Community Corner.
• DELTA presents ComedySportz - Districts Educating and Learning through the Arts (DELTA) proudly presents ComedySportz on November 11th at 7pm at Valley Forge Middle School. Tickets are $10/person and can be purchased at artsdelta.net. For more information, see attached flyer.
• Support FLITE at Devon Whole Foods - Do you shop at Devon Whole Foods? Did you know you could opt to Support Kids in T/E? The Foundation for Learning In Tredyffrin/Easttown has been selected as Devon Whole Foods Market’s Nickels for Non-Profits beneficiary for the upcoming quarter, now thru mid-January. When shopping at the Devon Whole Foods Market, consider bringing your own shopping bag, and when checking out select the option to donate the $.05 savings from your bill to FLITE! • LingoKids - Registration is open for the new session of LingoKids, starting January 11. Classes are offered at Beaumont in Spanish, French or German on Wednesdays, 1/11-3/22/17 from 7:45-8:30a. Cost: $160 or $145 for each additional sibling. For more information, go to http://go.lingolanguagelearning.com/ or contact Helena Malarkey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484 318 8334.
• Science Explorers - Science Club will meet on Thursdays in the Science Lab at Beaumont Elementary after school from 3:40-4:40p and is available to students in Grades 1-4. The next club topic, which begins on 12/8/16, is CRIME SCENE CAPERS. Please visit www.scienceexplorers.com and click on After-School Clubs for more information.. Please contact Jill Shinn at email@example.com or 609.315.6492 with any questions.
• Rachel's Helping Hands 5K & Family Fun Walk - Register online at www.rachelshelpinghands.org for this event on Sunday, November 13. For more information, see attached flyer.
• Stoga Theater Production: You Can't Take it With You - November 17, 18 & 19 at 7p, November 19 at 2p at Conestoga High School. Tickets available at the door and online at www.stogatheatre.com.
• Conestoga Boys Basketball Clinic - November 20, 1-4p. Conestoga will be holding a basketball clinic for boys in grades 1-8, cost $40. It will be held in the big Gym at Conestoga High school and benefits the high school basketball booster club. It's a great way for all kids to get ready for their basketball season or just get out among friends for some play. For more information, see attached flyer.