BEAUMONT BOOSTERTHON WEEK
Boosterthon Beaumont Fun Run
The first week of Boosterthon was filled with lots of fun including a pep rally and grade-wide character building lessons. Next week, the students will continue to have a lesson each day and end with the Fun Run on Friday, November 18th. Parents are welcome to join and cheer their child on!
Weekend Challenge - We are currently at 30% of our goal!
This weekend we are issuing a special challenge. The top 6 classes that have the most students to earn $2 per lap in new pledges (or $60 in flat donations), this weekend only, will earn special prizes for their class! Check out funrun.com to see an exciting video FEATURING OUR STAFF about this weekend's challenge. Your kids will love watching the video, it's called Weekend Challenge!
For those of you that ordered shirts, we will be distributing the shirts on Friday before the run so students don’t forget to wear them. However, we will be sending home any additional t-shirts that were ordered that were not for a Beaumont student. If you did not order a shirt for your Beaumont student, we'll put a large sticker of a track on their back so we can mark each lap completed during the Fun Run. Everyone is already excited to see how many laps they can complete!
We know this is a very busy time of the year. If you would like your child to log on to Funrun.com at school to support Boosterthon, we have several parent volunteers who are happy to help. Simply email Michelle Cherny at email@example.com and we will schedule your child with a parent volunteer at school to log on. It will only take a few minutes.
SHOP AT KRAMER DRIVE AND SUPPORT BEAUMONT
Kramer Drive would like to take the opportunity to invite Beaumont to their School Spirit Week beginning tomorrow, November 14-17 from 9a-9p, in their Berwyn store! The shop features the entire Kramer Drive stationary collection as well as carefully curated greeting cards and gifts from brands the owners love. Shoppers will receive 10% off of their purchase and Beaumont will receive 10% of the total sale. See attached flyer for more information.
SAVE THE DATES: PIZZA BINGO AND PARENT SOCIAL
The One and Only Pizza Bingo will be on Friday, January 20, 2017. Bring your families for pizza and prizes! Donations of prizes are being collected now. Please bring any new items to the collection bin in the front lobby. Every player at pizza bingo receives a prize! Any questions, please contact Angie Polizzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual Beaumont HSA Parent Social is set for Friday February 3, 7-10 p at the Berwyn Tavern. We will be kicking off Super Bowl weekend with a super bowl-themed Social for our parent community. Save the date for a super fun and casual evening! Invitations will be sent out in early January.
BEAUMONT DIRECTORY ADDENDUM
The Directory Addendum has been completed. Please see attached document for additional student information.
REMINDER ABOUT PARKING FOR LARGE SCHOOL EVENTS
When parking for school and/or H.S.A. events, please be sure to not park illegally and please do not park in Easttown Township and Easttown Police Department parking spots. Police officers will ticket cars parked illegally and cars parked in township marked parking spots.Thank you for your cooperation.
BEAUMONT HSA OPENINGS
We have several openings for people to get involved with Beaumont and the HSA, including volunteering and leading one our many committees. Please check the Help Wanted section to the left for our most recent openings. Contact Courtney O'Brien if you are interested. Thank you!
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION FROM SCHOOL NURSE
Please review the attached flyer for important school health information, including information about head lice, when to keep your child home from school, and dental and physical exams.
DISMISSAL NOTE PROCEDURE
Please do not use the email@example.com mailbox for dismissal notes. This mailbox is checked once every morning at 10am and used for absence notes. If you would like to send notes for dismissals or change of plans, please send them to both Mrs Toland (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Mrs. Gillespie (email@example.com) or call the office - 610-240-1402. We prefer all change of plans notes to come to the office before 2:00 PM each day. Thank you
SUBMIT PHOTOS TO YEARBOOK
If you would like to submit a group photo of 2 students or more smiling at the camera from a BES event or field trip (taken with at least a 10 megapixel camera or smart phone), to be considered for the Yearbook, please contact Claudette McCarron. Thank you to volunteers who have contributed their time and photos.
Claudette McCarron, firstname.lastname@example.org
Magan Pilato, email@example.com
PLEASE DONATE KITCHEN SUPPLIES FOR T&E CARE'S HOLIDAY DRIVE FROM NOVEMBER 1 - 18
T&E Care supports over 125 local families (including Beaumont families) in need, with the help of BES and other T/E schools, by donating presents for the holidays. Once again, Beaumont will be collecting kitchen supplies this year. We would appreciate new kitchen utensils, baking tools and storage containers. Think of what you use to make your holiday meals and donate what you find essential. View list for suggestions. Please leave donations in the blue storage bin in the Lobby next to the Beaumont Bear from November 1 - 18. Thank you for your generosity and helping our local community. To learn more about how T&E Care helps the community, visit their website or if you would like to volunteer your time and help with the T&E Care Holiday Drive, sign up to volunteer. For questions, contact Claudette McCarron.
BES STAFF / TEACHER PROFILE:
LEARN MORE ABOUT MRS. BERNADETTE KEARNS
• Other Current BES Roles:
4th Grade Teacher
• Started at Beaumont:
BES representative for TESD Writing Committee; Reading Olympics Club Leader
• Former BES Roles:
Student Teacher for Mrs. Capriola in 1994 (Note: She was Miss Fackler then); Technology Aide; 2nd Grade Teacher for 5 years; 3rd Grade Teacher for 5 years; served on many different district committees over the years
• Favorite BES Spirit Day: Pink Day; loved dressing up in 1980s clothes for Beaumont’s 50th Anniversary since that’s when she was in elementary school
• 3 Adjectives that Best Describe Her: Busy, Curious, Helpful
• Favorite Hobbies: Reading, hiking, watching college basketball, going out to dinner
• Favorite Place to Visit: Ocean City, NJ; Bar Harbor, ME
• Fun Facts: Husband's name is John; has 3 sons, Owen (13), Aidan (11) and Finley (8); has a younger sister who looks a lot like her and lives in the same town; people think they are twins and get them confused all the time; she and her husband won front row tickets to see the musical Hamilton in April by lottery and found out just 4 hours before the show so they had to get from PA to NY quickly; it was one of the most exciting surprises and the best musical she had ever seen!
• Best thing about being a Teacher: Getting to share her love of books with kids; the best parts of her day are reading aloud to her class and recommending books for them to read.
For the latest news and information from the T/E Community, visit the HSA's Community Corner.
• Support FLITE at Devon Whole Foods - Do you shop at Devon Whole Foods? Did you know you could opt to Support Kids in T/E? The Foundation for Learning In Tredyffrin/Easttown has been selected as Devon Whole Foods Market’s Nickels for Non-Profits beneficiary for the upcoming quarter, now thru mid-January. When shopping at the Devon Whole Foods Market, consider bringing your own shopping bag, and when checking out select the option to donate the $.05 savings from your bill to FLITE!
• THRIVE Literacy Center - Winter Session for our Early Literacy Classes for 2 to 6 year olds begins early January. Private tutoring is ongoing. Registration is now open. For more information or to register, click here.
• LingoKids - Registration is open for the new session of LingoKids, starting January 11. Classes are offered at Beaumont in Spanish, French or German on Wednesdays, 1/11-3/22/17 from 7:45-8:30a. Cost: $160 or $145 for each additional sibling. For more information, go to http://go.lingolanguagelearning.com/ or contact Helena Malarkey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484 318 8334.
• Science Explorers - Science Club will meet on Thursdays in the Science Lab at Beaumont Elementary after school from 3:40-4:40p and is available to students in Grades 1-4. The next club topic, which begins on 12/8/16, is CRIME SCENE CAPERS. Please visit www.scienceexplorers.com and click on After-School Clubs for more information.. Please contact Jill Shinn at email@example.com or 609.315.6492 with any questions.
• Stoga Theater Production: You Can't Take it With You - November 17, 18 & 19 at 7p, November 19 at 2p at Conestoga High School. Tickets available at the door and online at www.stogatheatre.com.
• Conestoga Boys Basketball Clinic - November 20, 1-4p. Conestoga will be holding a basketball clinic for boys in grades 1-8, cost $40. It will be held in the big Gym at Conestoga High school and benefits the high school basketball booster club. It's a great way for all kids to get ready for their basketball season or just get out among friends for some play. For more information, see attached flyer.