Get free COVID Rapid Testing at Your Workplace
The Cumberland Business Connector and Amherst & Area Chamber of Commerce are working together to bring COVID-19 Rapid Workplace Testing to the Cumberland Region. This is a free program for all businesses and organizations - including all testing supplies. The tests are to be administered to your employees - not customers.
Frequent testing will continue to play a key role in our fight against COVID-19. Early detection of positive cases will ensure that outbreaks can be stopped in their tracks, and we keep our businesses open. By catching these cases it also helps public health identify and trace the movement of variants some of which require both doses of vaccine for adequate protection.
How does this work:
- Complete the registration forms which you will find below.
- You will receive a general participation agreement, sign it and then join us virtually this Friday, June 11 at 2pm for the intake and training session. This session will be recorded for those who cannot make it.
- Order tests and supplies via the province or through the Cumberland Business Connector and/or Amherst & Area Chamber of Commerce. If you will be using approx. 300+ tests a month you can order directly from NS Health, if you will be using less, we will deliver these kits to you. More information on this will be provided to those who sign up.
- Employees can test at home or in a segregated room at your facility. Everyone should test at least twice a week. Employees will then use their smart phone to record their test results. If the result is negative the employee keeps going to work. If the result is positive, the employee needs to self isolate and book a PCR test at a primary assessment centre.
- The tests are self administered and take approx. 15 minutes to complete. Videos and instructions will be provided about how to complete the test. This test only takes a sample, swabbing the inside of the nostrils.
What support is provided?
A detailed onboarding process for any organization in Canada has been developed to deploy rapid screening in your workplace. This solution translates to organizations of all sizes, from small to large.
Through the program, organizations receive:
- Onboarding Support
- Kick-Off & Weekly Operational Meetings
- Operations Playbook and Resources
- Virtual Help Desk & Communication Tools
- Technical Support for Screening Data Intake
Interested in workplace testing?
Next cohort launches June 11, 2021.
*Training session taking place 2:00PM - 3:00PM on June 11.
To participate in the first group, complete the provincial intake form and register for the Nova Scotia cohort before noon on Thursday, June 10.
When you complete the registration form be sure to choose:
Preferred Start Date - NOVA SCOTIA COHORT
COMPLETE BOTH FORMS!