Orienteering SA ENEWS 13 August 2019
Please send all contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org Articles should be concise & can contain hyper links but no attachments or graphics. Normally ENEWS is sent out on Tuesdays so copy needs to be sent in by Monday at the latest. Check out other news on the OrienteeringSA website: https://sa.orienteering.asn.auor the Facebook Orienteering SA page.
Robyn Dose - Editor
1. Midweek training half day Para Wirra Southwest 7 August
2. Free night event at Burnside 15 August
3. Burra Bush weekend 17-18 August
4. Belair OY and MTBO event 25 August
5. North Adelaide event 1 September
6. September newsletter - call for articles
7. September Australian Orienteer
8. Training day Para Wirra 15 September
1. Midweek Training Half Day Para Wirra Southwest 7 August 2019
The next Midweek Orienteering Half Day will be in the southwest part of the Para Wirra Conservation Park on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
There will be one course of Hard orienteering standard of 3.4 km in length with 140 m climb. The terrain is steep in parts but the vegetation is mainl
y open forest.
Starts and the car park will be on the western side of The Lake. Starts will be from 10.00 am until 11.30 am which is the norm for 2019 with course closure of 1.00 pm.
The event fee includes the park entry fee so do not pay the latter at the Main Gate as it cannot be refunded.
Adrian Craig; Training
2. FREE NIGHT EVENT AT BURNSIDE
Thursday, August 15, Burnside Primary School.
Easy, Moderate and 'Hard' sprint courses available (up to 2km). Interesting multi-level campus with many route choices.
Come at 5.30pm, and bring a torch. Enter from Stuart Street (off Young St).
Please message Aylwin Lim on 0438 322 761 if coming to ensure we print enough maps.
3. BURRA BUSH WEEKEND
Sat 17 August (Paradise) and Sun 18 August (Mulga Valley).
Beautiful mallee country just 3 hours North of Adelaide. Bush camping at Mulga Valley, or stay in historic Burra.
Mulga Valley https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/8630
Entries close tomorrow night!
- Save you $2 per person
- Guarantee you entry into your chosen class/course
- Allow you to avoid the queue at registration (Go straight to the Start!) and
- Automatically put you on the event email list in case there are last minute event, travel or weather advisories.
Catering: Drinks and cakes on Saturday, that plus cheese toasties on Sunday. Proceeds to Junior Arrows fund.
4. Belair N.P. O.Y. and MTBO Event Sunday 25 August
9 foot courses on offer from1.5km to 9.5 km.This is an OSA Promotion Event so newcomers doing Courses 6-9, the Moderate and Easy courses, do so for FREE.
PLEASE try to interest friends, work colleagues etc in this offer!
The MTBO is 150 minute score event, starts between !0.00 and 11.00 to be back by course closure at 1.30.
Entry and further details available on Eventor.
5. North Adelaide Event on Sunday 1st Sept 2019
The Tintookies Club invites you to a Metro Event with 3 courses available.
1.5km Short, suitable for newcomers.
3.8km Medium, suitable for those with some map reading skills.
5.3km Long, suitable for those wanting to stretch their legs a bit after Burra & Belair efforts !
Easy parking, good courses and coffee stand nearby.
Whats not to like !
6. SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER - CALL FOR ARTICLES
The September OSA Newsletter is being prepared, and it should be a bumper edition.
There will have been many superb and challenging events held in the three months to September. These include several international events that had competitors from SA - with some representing Australia. Please consider writing an article for the Newsletter so that all members can share with you the excitement of these events, and, if you are a planner, controller or organiser of a local event, perhaps you could also let us know about some lessons you might have learned. The editor accepts and will publish anything considered newsworthy.
Please send articles with photos to email@example.com by 1 September at the absolute latest.
7. Sept Australian Orienteer.
The Sept Edition of the Australian Orienteer is going to the printers soon. If you are full member & not already registered for a hard copy in 2019 and would like to receive one the deadline for this edition is Wed 14th Aug. Go to the Australian Orienteer Page to register: https://sa.orienteering.asn.au/about-us/news/australian-orienteer
8. Training Day Para Wirra Conservation Park Sunday 15 September 2019
On Sunday 15 September 2019 Orienteering SA will conduct a carnival of training in the Para Wirra Conservation Park.
The following activities will be offered:
1. Basic Rules, Skills and Techniques Training.
2. Registered Teachers Level 0 Orienteering Coach Training.
3. Moderate Skills and Techniques Training.
4. Very Easy course.
5. Practice Easy course.
6. Easy course.
7. Practice Moderate course.
8. Moderate course.
9. Medium length Hard course.
10. Contour Only course.
11. Distance and Bearing DIY courses.
12. Control Flow course.
More details next week.
Adrian Craig; Training Manager