Orienteering SA ENEWS 6 August 2019
Please send all contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org Articles should be concise & can contain hyper links but no attachments or graphics. Normally ENEWS is sent out on Tuesdays so copy needs to be sent in by Monday at the latest. Check out other news on the OrienteeringSA website: https://sa.orienteering.asn.auor the Facebook Orienteering SA page.
Robyn Dose - Editor
1. Midweek training half day Para Wirra Southwest 7 August
2. OSA survey on Twilight and Sprint series format
3. Burra Bush weekend 17-18 August
4. September newsletter - call for articles
5. Training day Para Wirra 15 September
6. Melbourne City racing 11-12 October
7. Qld MTBO champs
1. Midweek Training Half Day Para Wirra Southwest 7 August 2019
The next Midweek Orienteering Half Day will be in the southwest part of the Para Wirra Conservation Park on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
There will be one course of Hard orienteering standard of 3.4 km in length with 140 m climb. The terrain is steep in parts but the vegetation is mainl
y open forest.
Starts and the car park will be on the western side of The Lake. Starts will be from 10.00 am until 11.30 am which is the norm for 2019 with course closure of 1.00 pm.
The event fee includes the park entry fee so do not pay the latter at the Main Gate as it cannot be refunded.
Adrian Craig; Training
2. OSA Survey on the Twilight and Sprint Series Format
OSA is inviting all interested orienteers to provide feedback on the Twilight and Sprint Series, with the focus on the Twilight Series. The link to the survey is the quick links at the top of the home page on the OSA web site at http://sa.orienteering.asn.au
The survey is open until Sunday evening 11th August.
Any issues with completing the form – please contact Ken Thompson (email@example.com
3. BURRA BUSH WEEKEND
Sat 17 August (Paradise) and Sun 18 August (Mulga Valley).
Beautiful mallee country just 3 hours North of Adelaide. Bush camping at Mulga Valley, or stay in historic Burra.
Mulga Valley https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/8630
Entries close at 11.59pm Wednesday 14/8.
- Save you $2 per person
- Guarantee you entry into your chosen class/course
- Allow you to avoid the queue at registration (Go straight to the Start!) and
- Automatically put you on the event email list in case there are last minute event, travel or weather advisories.
Catering: Drinks and cakes on Saturday, that plus cheese toasties on Sunday. Proceeds to Junior Arrows fund.
4. SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER - CALL FOR ARTICLES
The September OSA Newsletter is being prepared, and it should be a bumper edition.
There will have been many superb and challenging events held in the three months to September. These include several international events that had competitors from SA - with some representing Australia. Please consider writing an article for the Newsletter so that all members can share with you the excitement of these events, and, if you are a planner, controller or organiser of a local event, perhaps you could also let us know about some lessons you might have learned. The editor accepts and will publish anything considered newsworthy.
Please send articles with photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September at the absolute latest.
5. Training Day Para Wirra Conservation Park Sunday 15 September 2019
On Sunday 15 September 2019 Orienteering SA will conduct a carnival of training in the Para Wirra Conservation Park.
The following activities will be offered:
1. Basic Rules, Skills and Techniques Training.
2. Registered Teachers Level 0 Orienteering Coach Training.
3. Moderate Skills and Techniques Training.
4. Very Easy course.
5. Practice Easy course.
6. Easy course.
7. Practice Moderate course.
8. Moderate course.
9. Medium length Hard course.
10. Contour Only course.
11. Distance and Bearing DIY courses.
12. Control Flow course.
More details next week.
Adrian Craig; Training Manager
6. MELBOURNE CITY RACE WEEKEND – Friday Oct 11-Saturday Oct 12-Sunday Oct 13
Three Days – Three Races - Discover Melbourne from a new point of view!EDGEWATER ** KENSINGTON ** DOCKLANDSFri October 11 – Sat October 12 – Sun October 13
The venues have been announced! Find out where you’ll be racing in the updated Course Guide
Enter all three races online by Tuesday October 8 to receive a discount – 3-race packages are just $37!
Read the Entry Instructions first, then head to Eventor.
Find out more at www.melbournecityrace.com.au
7. QLD MTBO Champs
Time is running out to take advantage of the early-bird entry rates for the QLD MTBO Champs at Killarney on 31Aug-1 Sep. Enter before 16th August for cheaper prices. We’ve locked in a Coffee Cart for the Long Distance bush site on Sunday, as well as the Legume Progress Assn. for some country cooking for lunchtime. Bulletin 3 will be issued in the near future to confirm the final course lengths.
Accommodation in Killarney is very tight, but Warwick is only a short distance away from all event locations.