CTI Exchange Favorites
Here are just a few things on our must-read/listen/watch list:
● Tapping into Youth Voices to Address Inequities and Grow the Global Contraceptive R&D Ecosystem: Recently, FHI 360 intern and CTI Exchange Youth Council founder, Margaret Gaw, participated in a storytelling session at the Triangle Global Health Conference. She shared the story of expanding youth involvement on the CTI Exchange, something we continue to work on daily. Take a look at her video and abstract here.
● Variability in Contraceptive Clinical Trial Design and the Challenges in Making Comparisons Across Trials: This paper from Portman et al. examines the variability in contraceptive clinical trial design and the challenges this poses for making comparisons across trials.
● FP2030 Launch: On November 18, 2020 a formal launch event introduced the newly transformed FP2030 partnership and its leadership. The event featured commitment-makers and guest speakers, including a panel discussion about the importance of innovation.
● World Vasectomy Day 2021: World Vasectomy Day was celebrated this year on November 18 with a vasectomy providers summit, a symposium on vasectomy and male engagement in family planning, and a 24-hour livestream celebration. Learn more about all of these activities here.
● 20 Essential Resources: Knowledge SUCCESS recently published two new essential resources lists. Their list of essential resources for condoms was co-curated with FHI 360 and can be found here. Their 20 essentials list for self-care for family planning was created in partnership with PATH and can be found here.
● The Science of Mentorship Podcast: The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has launched a podcast series focused on evidence-based mentorship practices. This series teaches both mentors and mentees how to develop skills to engage in the most effective STEMM mentoring relationships possible. Mentorship is key to building the next generation of contraceptive innovators. Listen now.