CTI Exchange Favorites
Here are just a few things on our must-read/listen/watch list:
● Updated Couple Years Protection: Couple years of protection (CYP) is an indicator used to monitor progress, measure performance, and make assumptions about contraceptive coverage. FHI 360 and Avenir Health with support from USAID recently updated the CYP factors. Read more here.
● The Male Contraceptive Initiative launched a Non-hormonal, Reversible Male Contraception (NHRMC) Target Database, which is the result of an extensive audit of scientific publications and other resources and will be a “living” database. Learn more about this amazing new resource here.
● The Contraceptive Infertility Target Database (CITDBase) is a curation of public databases for the purpose of providing a list of human reproductive system/tissue specific contraceptive targets for investigators working in the field. Learn more here.
● The Appeal and Potential of On-Demand Contraceptive Options: Learn about the appeal and potential of on-demand contraceptive options and how the range of this type of family planning method is expanding in a new blog cross-posted from PSI Impact and written by Ashley Jackson and Léonce Dossou.
● National Institutes of Health (NIH) Educational Resources: Being able to explain what we do as contraceptive researchers is key. The NIH has useful resources that can help you explain complex topics, including this one about "Understanding Clinical Studies".