Welcome to WSCU's Summer Newsletter
This new release is revolutionary. Not only is it loaded with new services, it offers new levels of convenience and control. You'll have the tools to establish financial goals, create budgets and track cash-flow. You will be able to deposit checks and manage bills from your mobile device. You can send money to a friend as easily as sending email. And you'll be able to text commands and receive nearly instant updates.
Totally New For You
- Mobile e-Pay (bill pay)
- e-Track (Personal Finance Management)
- Mobile Deposit
- One login to manage all your WSCU Accounts
- Text Banking
- Pocket-to-Pocket Payments
- Business Services (A suite of tools for small businesses)
Do any of the following between August 5th, 2014 and September 30th, 2014 and you are eligible to win great prizes!
- Enroll in the new Online Banking and you could win your choice of the following:
- Microsoft Surface 2
- iPad Air
- Samsung s5 or iPhone 5s
- Pay a bill using e-Pay and you could have that bill paid, up to $500
- Deposit a check using Mobile Deposit and you win double your deposit, up to $500
- Pay a friend using our new Pocket-to-Pocket Payments and you could win the amount you transferred back, up to $500
to design your own WSCU Debit or Credit Card with your favorite personal photo! Not sure what photo to use? Check out our gallery of images to pick from!
A WSCU Checking Account gives you access to these great benefits:
Join us on campus August 25-28 to see our great technology in action! We'll also be at the Block Party on August 29.
Click here to see full details.
- FREE Checking, no minimum balance
- FREE Visa debit card made on the spot
- FREE Online & Mobile Banking
- FREE Mobile Deposit
- FREE Pocket-to-Pocket Payments
- FREE e-Track (Personal Finance Management)
- FREE Text Banking
- FREE Email or text alerts
- FREE Online & mobile bill pay
- FREE e-Statements
- FREE Nationwide access through our shared branching network
- FREE ATM access through our surcharge free networks ATMs
Credit or Debit... Choose Wisely
Best Situations to use Credit:
- If an item doesn't come or arrives damaged, you can ask WSCU to do a chargeback.
- Some credit cards, including WSCU's Visa Platinum, offer warranty protection beyond the manufacturer's or store's coverage.
Rent a Car
- Some credit cards, including WSCU's Visa Platinum, offer collision damage insurance.
Hotel Stays and Travel
- Some hotels and gas stations put a hold on funds as a security deposit. If you use a debit card, you'll lose access to those funds until the hold is released.
Establish Your Credit
- Debit card activity does not translate to your credit report.
Best Situations to use Debit:
- Debit card purchases have an immediate effect on your account balance, making it easier to spend less.
No Interest Charges
- You do not pay interest on debit card purchases.
- You can get cash at many stores and 30,000 Co-Op ATMs without paying a fee.
- Debit cards are widely accepted.
Community Involvement Update
Annual Meeting Recap
On April 24, 2014, WSCU hosted its 57th annual Members' Meeting. Ed Walker, Evelyn Harris and Charles Ulrich were reelected as Weber State Credit Union Board Members. They will each serve three-year terms. We thank the many members who participated in the event.
Community Shred Day
On Apri 26, 2014, the credit union held its Community Shred Day. At this annual event, we provided free shredding for the community. Despite the rain, there was great participation. We recycled 4,920 pounds of paper which is enough to save 42 trees.
On May 31, 2014, WSCU employees and friends donated their time to clean a beautiful stretch of Highway 39 in Huntsville. This marks the 10th consecutive year of our highway clean up.