Welcome to WSCU's Winter Newsletter
Mark your calendar
Annual Meeting, April 23rd
Annual Meeting: Call for Candidates
In accordance with Weber State Federal Credit Union's Bylaws, elections for its Board of Directors will be held at the annual meeting scheduled for April 23, 2015. Two positions will be open for elections at this time. Each position carries a three year term.
If you are interested in serving on this important governing body, please submit a letter of application (limited to 150 words) and a resume to the Nominations Committee at 4140 Harrison Blvd. Ogden, UT 84403. Applications must be received by the close of business on January 23, 2015.
To be eligible to run for the Board, candidates must:
- Have a credit union membership in good standing
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be bondable
- Attest to being free from any conflict of interest
- Be able to attend at least 75% of all Board meetings (as mandated by law) and be willing to attend training and planning sessions
- Be knowledgeable in all areas of the credit union activity
- Have no immediate family members who are current employees or volunteers at the credit union
- Current employees are ineligible for election
- Must comply with NCUA requirements for board members
Nominations for candidacy may also be made by petition. Members applying via petition must submit a statement of qualification and the petition for candidacy, signed by at least 1% of credit union members.
Such applications must be accompanied by a certificate signed by the nominee stating they are agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected. The petition must be received by closing on March 6, 2015.
*In House loan - 3.401% Annual Percentage Rate assumes a loan amount of $175,000 and a loan to value of 80%. Rates are subject to change at any time and are not guaranteed. Your rate may vary depending on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: your credit score and history, current mortgage status, and type of loan.
- 20-Day Closing
- Local Decisioning
- Your Loan Stays with WSCU
Keep Your Identity Safe at Tax Time
Tax season involves piles of paperwork, lots of receipts, and plenty of opportunities for identity thieves. To keep yourself safe, the Identity Theft Resource Center recommends the following precautions:
- Shred. Don't just toss old documents in the trash - use a good cross-cut shredder instead.
- Store. Be careful about storing old receipts and tax returns - identity thieves can still use them.
- Block. If filing your tax return online, make sure your computer is protected by a firewall.
- Mail. DO NOT leave tax returns or other sensitive information in your mailbox - take them directly to the post office.
- Shorten. Write only the last 4 digits of your Social Security number on your check.
- Screen. Be careful about who you use to prepare your taxes.
For more information on security during tax season, visit www.idtheftcenter.org
Whether you want to save cash for a new car, or pay down debt, use e-Track to do it and you could win as much as $1,000!
If you set a financial goal using e-Track between January 1, 2015 and February 28, 2015*, you'll automatically be entered to win.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Puerto Rico, 18 years and older. Ends 2/28/15. For Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, click here. Void where prohibited.
- Log in to e-Branch, click on the Services menu on the left, and choose e-Track.
- Click on the Goals tab in e-Track and click Add a Goal.
- Set the amount and the account.
- Select the completion and notification method.
- Set where and how you want to be kept informed of your progress.
- Confirm the Goal.
Weber State Credit Union is always working to build a stronger community.
Warm the Soles
Commitment to Community
Thanks to the generous donations of our members and the success of our winter Skip-a-Payment, Weber State Credit Union was able to provide new shoes to children in Kindergarten classes at elementary schools in Roy and Ogden. This is the eleventh year WSCU Members have provided generous donations to Warm the Soles of kids.
Through donations of our members, Weber State Credit Union was able to provide over 250 pounds of canned and non perishable food items to the Ogden Rescue Mission. Your generosity will help those less fortunate have enough to eat.