Welcome to WSCU's Fall Newsletter
The Gift Giver
- used Pocket-to-Pocket to email $50 to a newly wedded nephew.
- received an email alert that she was nearing her spending target for the month in dining out.
The Spontaneous Adventurer
- sent a text to find out if there was enough in checking for a weekend trip to Moab.
- opened a new checking account online to manage the funds for the new basketball team.
- calculated his net worth to be $586,524 and saw he was on track to retire in 18.6 years.
The Allowance Earner
- knows she will receive $5 each Thursday... contingent on chore quality and behavior.
The Chief Financial Officer
- looked at next month's finances in the Cashflow Calendar to see anticipated bills, income and daily balance.
The Debt Eliminator
- saw that by making an extra payment, her department store card would be paid off in four months.
Deposit a Check Anytime, Anywhere
Mobile Deposit is here. Use your smartphone or tablet to snap a picture of a check and electronically deposit it in your account.
- Deposit checks as soon as you receive them, 24/7
- Make deposits from anywhere you have an Internet connection
- Keep the check for two weeks before shredding it
- Very low rate
- Quick loan decisions
- Apply & sign documents online
- Bring your auto loan to WSCU from another institution
Find and finance your car using the WSCU Cars Mobile App (or online) now through October 31, 2014, you will receive 10 free full service car washes from SuperSonic.**($135 value)
*Rate = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are subject to change at any time and are not guaranteed. Your rate may vary depending on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to: your credit score and history.
**Incentive will apply to all qualifying auto loans financed from September 22nd through October 31st 2014 with a minimum of $5,000 financed. The loan must be closed online or through our WSCU Cars Mobile App. Max term is 60 months, financing OAC.
No Cash on Hand? No Problem.
You can easily pay a friend back, pay the babysitter, or even pay your landlord by sending them an email through Pocket-to-Pocket Payments. You can send money to anyone in the U.S. with a checking account.
With Pocket-to-Pocket Payments, there is no exchange of account information. When you transfer the money using Pocket-to-Pocket, the recipient will receive an email alerting them that you are sending them funds. They must then enter a shared secret word, provided by you, to verify they are the correct recipient. They then enter their account information of where to send the funds.
Click here to learn more and get started.
- earn 1% cash back on all your purchases.
- earn free travel rewards and also redeem points for merchandise.
- save on interest if you like the flexibility to carry a balance.
All VISA Platinum cards include:
- No Balance Transfer Fees
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Lost Luggage Insurance
- Hotel Theft Insurance
- Travel Reservations & Car Rental Discounts
- 90-Day Product Protection
- Extended Warranty
- ID Theft Insurance
- Lost Cards Cancellation
- Fraud Monitoring
Community Updates and Events
Each Friday in October is Pink Friday. We want all of our employees and members to wear pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. If you come into any branch wearing pink, you will be entered into a weekly prize drawing. We will also donate to breast cancer research in your name.
Give What You Can Food Drive
WSCU will be holding a Food Drive to collect canned or non-perishable items to be donated to the Rescue Mission of Ogden. Donations will be accepted at any branch beginning November 3rd until December 8th. Come and help those who are less fortunate have enough to eat this holiday season.
Warm the Soles
Our Winter Skip-a-Payment gives you extra cash for the holidays. Mail or deliver the form, which you can download here, to WSCU before December 31, 2014. A fee of $35 applies for each loan payment skipped. Proceeds are donated to the Warm-the-Soles program to purchase shoes for kids. Donations are also accepted at any branch.